Dell 9305-16e

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by barmalej, Nov 16, 2019.

1. barmalej

barmalej New Member

Does anyone have any experience troubleshooting Dell 9305-16e? The card is recognized just fine - I can see it in LSA. I flashed the latest firmware from Broadcom site. The problem is it refuses to see anything I connect to it. I built a DAS out of an old case, I have 2 intel 6G backplanes there that work just fine (tested). I use 2 6G internal - external adapters and high quality SFF-8644 to SFF-8088 cables. Nothing gets recognized. I tried to connect just one cable, still nothing. I bought SFF-8644 to 4 X SATA cable to try to connect a disk directly. That didn't work either. LSA shows 0 attached devices. If it makes any difference, I have another SAS card in the same server, Lenovo RAID 930-8I that works just fine. Do you have any ideas? Did I get a dud?

2. barmalej

barmalej New Member

Just to add to my first post, I pulled the card and installed it into another server with the same results. Upon the first boot the heartbeat led was blinking normally. When I installed the driver and restarted, I noticed that heartbeat led became solid and yellow led (temperature?) came on solid as well. The card wasn't hotter then normal to the touch. I shut down, let it sit and started again in a bit, green led was blinking again. According to MegaRAID Storage Manager the temperature stays between 46 and 51°C.