Search results

1. djbon2112

Canada [WTB] [GTHA, ON] 2U 12-bay Supermicro cases (or similar)

Looking to upgrade my storage cluster with a new set of 3x cases for further expandability. For bare cases, something like a Supermicro CSE-826 or similar, ideally with PSUs and the 2-bay 2.5" hotswap is a bonus. Not sure who else makes "just a case" except Supermicro, but I'd be willing to...
  2. djbon2112

Canada WTB 12x 32GB DDR4 ECC DIMMs

I'm very cost-focused here, and I only need 2133-ish speeds for the system they're going in. Local in CAD preferred but will entertain US as long as the shipping cost is reasonable/included.
  3. djbon2112

Canada [WTB] 3x Sandy/Ivy 1U servers (or a 2U quad)

Hey all, I'm in the market for 3x 1U or a quad 2U blade server(s), in the Sandy/Ivy Bridge era with DDR3. So HP G8's, Supermicro X9's, Cisco M3's, etc. I'd prefer one of those 3 brands over Dell/others, just because I know them, but really any manufacturer with sensible modern IPMI would work...
  4. djbon2112

Canada WTB: ConnectX-3 dual-port, 96GB+24GB DDR3 ECC REG, HP GL360 G6 2.5" blankers, C6100 empty chassis

Hello all! I'm looking for a couple parts to get my 3rd HP Proliant D360 G6 system up to snuff and to get my testing cluster off the ground. Specifically: * 1x Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual-port 10GbE card (MCX312A-XCBT specifically) - might be interested in 2 for the right price. * 4x HP Proliant...
  5. djbon2112

Per-outlet metered PDUs... options?

I've got 8 servers: one C6100 chassis with dual PSUs, three machines with dual PSUs, and one machine with a single PSU. I'm looking for options to determine the per-port power of each of these, along with my other networking gear. The downside is that none of my devices are "new"/advanced enough...
  6. djbon2112

Canada WTB - 1 or 2 C6100 nodes (of L5520 or better variety)

Looking to buy one (or possibly two for the right price) C6100 nodes. I've been running with 3 for some time having bricked one when I first got the system in 2013, but now I find myself needing the fourth (and a spare)! It will compliment three existing L5520-based ones (not AMD) in a TY3...
  7. djbon2112

What are some good Intel V4 dual-processor motherboards?

I'm a little rusty on the hardware front: I know Supermicro, Tyan, ASUS, and a few others still make server-grade motherboards, but I'm not sure what to look for with all the choice! My main requirement seems humble, but also seems to be quite rare: an IPMI OOB management that I can *SSH into*...
  8. djbon2112

Canada WTB 4x Intel DC S3700 200GB

Hello STH, long-time lurker looking to purchase 4 of these Intel SSDs for a Ceph cluster. I know how popular they are but I'm budget limited and would prefer to deal in CAD for that reason! If anyone has 4 for sale please PM me and we can discuss.
  9. djbon2112

Cheap, multipath SAS JBOD enclosures

Hello everyone. I'm doing a dual-server storage setup for really HA storage and am looking for the corresponding disk shelves. My requirements are: * 16x 3.5" drive capacity in 3U * Supports 3TB SATA drives * Dual-controller (i.e. multipath) so one shelf can connect to two servers * Dual-PSU is...