Search results

1. M

Sun Ultra 24 Epyc Tropical (32C ES OC on 3.8ghz)

The sun ultra 24 epyc tropical is now set on 3.55GHz now at 1.125v due to adding a RX580 videocard. Somehow this makes me not able to push as much voltage as i did on initially making this topic with only a tiny graphics card added that nearly draws any power. Since the pc is now actually in...
  2. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I will for sure keep trying out some combinations and different settings, the only really known stable speed i had before this was the 3.8ghz eventual clock the computer was on for a few months but not actively used. However it was very stable on the benchmarks but this was with only the little...
  3. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Interesting, i have had this ran with a simple old amd barco mxrt 5600 videocard initially a few months ago and ran many tests on nearly 3.8ghz clock getting good scores and ran it with cpu intensive load for days with no problem. But i am not really putting a big load on either the cpu or the...
  4. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Hello everyone It has been a while but i am using my es build again and had it running stable on the almost 3.8ghz for an es sample base 1.9 speed. Motherboard: Asrock EPYCD8-2T CPU: AMD Eng Sample: 2S1905A4VIHF4_30/19_N Ram: 2x 16gb 2400mhz ecc (Hynix HMA42GR7AFR4N-UH) Psu: Corsair 1000W (HX...
  5. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I will get some Cinebench R15 results in a bit, trying to figgure out now why Discord seems slow. Basically only discord and i believe it has to do with some hardware acceleration, virtualisation of cpu but that's all enabled. The videocard i have in however does not have the right drivers...
  6. M

Thanks admin Patrick, you also have a lovely Sun Ultra build! My case did not come with any of the cool old documentation and hardware inside, there we're no local good deals for me, and i had to get a case some countries away. From US it would not even be viable over 600 in shipping because of...
  7. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I made a separate topic about my build and a link reference back to this topic there, thanks @nero243 for all your help. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/sun-ultra-24-epyc-tropical-es-oc-on-3-8ghz.24109/
  8. M

Hello servethehome users, For hobby and automation purposes i was looking to have a new workstation build and was looking at intel platnium cpu's but ended up grabbing a deal for an Epyc engineering sample cpu. I was also looking around for a suitable computer case but found all of the modern...
  9. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Where do i get cinebench R15, couldn't easily find it. Also installing the eisbear extreme 280mm cpu cooler now. Edit: Installed eisbear cooler, better temps! I still could not get it to 3.9ghz and do cinebench, maybe on other loads it will be fine? i will try going higher but not doing...
  10. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Goals we're reached today, i had to beat that poor 60 core. I crashed on 3.9ghz, maybe i can try some different settings once i got more sufficient cooling. Edit: Something interesting perhaps? Am i drawing 1000watts here? If so, above 3.8 may be related to drawing over 1000watts?
  11. M

EU Looking for amd carrier frame sp3

I just screw it down with a normal torx20 screwdriver, apply normal pressure all fine, remounted the cooler a few times now the chip can't shift places. Seems fine without a carrier frame or special screwdriver. It just seems scary as you have to drop the cpu exactly at the right spot and...
  12. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Just needed some load on the cpu :) regarding overclock, actually have to check how to apply the clock. I think it is a good chip tho. It's 7551 ES 2S1905A4VIHF4 1.9GHz
  13. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Finished my epyc es build:
  14. M

I installed my cpu without a carrier frame, wasn't hard at all, also did not use an amd screwdriver. Still looking to buy carrier frame tho, and screwdriver!
  15. M

The orange one will work too right? it does not specifically have to be the blue carrier frame for an epyc cpu does it?
  16. M

EU FS: DDR3 & DDR4 RAM, Intel Xeon CPUs, Asus & Supermicro motherboards

Possibly interested in the HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH sticks once my build is completed and i can use the ram upgrade. Also will need to save up if i want to purchase them all off you. It's for an epyc 32c build.
  17. M

As the title says, i'm looking for one, or a few amd sp3 carrier frames. AMD CPU GUIDE SP3 AMD PROCESSOR CARRIER FRAME - CPU GUIDE FOR EPYC SERIES But not for 395 dollar, lol. Anyone have some, or know a place where to get?
  18. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I have an AMD EPYC 7551 ES 2S1905A4VIHF4 coming in soon but i also have two of these: In hopes to ever find out how to successfully post these, or they will be mementos.
  19. M

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Anyone has any information regarding a motherboard and bios version to choose to get a ZPAB (A1 stepping) engineering sample to post?