EU Looking for amd carrier frame sp3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mgio

Mar 12, 2019
The orange one will work too right? it does not specifically have to be the blue carrier frame for an epyc cpu does it?

mgio

Mar 12, 2019
I installed my cpu without a carrier frame, wasn't hard at all, also did not use an amd screwdriver.

Still looking to buy carrier frame tho, and screwdriver!

mgio

Mar 12, 2019
I bought this one to install my cpu:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000S84V2C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Set to 1,5 Nm with a T30 torx bit iirc and good to go. In my experience the torque screwdriver is only to prevent you from stripping the threads, if you turn the screws in all the way until you feel a hard stop it should be ok.
I just screw it down with a normal torx20 screwdriver, apply normal pressure all fine, remounted the cooler a few times now the chip can't shift places. Seems fine without a carrier frame or special screwdriver. It just seems scary as you have to drop the cpu exactly at the right spot and orientation. But if you are a bit secure it will be fine :)

Yet still i'd want to purchase a few carriers and a screwdriver, i'll find them both in some deals soon probably.