Search results

1. M

EXPIRED 1.5TB Intel P4800X U.2 $400

Cool, I just got mine as well for comparison. ❯ smartctl -a /dev/disk7 smartctl 7.4 2023-08-01 r5530 [Darwin 23.4.0 x86_64] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-23, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org === START OF INFORMATION SECTION === Model Number...
  2. M

Replacement server option - Gigabyte R282-Z92 a good option?

Ok so still looking for a suggestion - I would imagine that someone else has been down a similar path. If investing 2k into the Gigabyte SP3 platform is overkill, ideas on the following?: - Rackmount formfactor (2U ideal) - Dual SP3 platform - at least 4 U.2 NVME drives - at least 4 sata drive...
  3. M

@grenskul Yeah I was thinking that the 24 nvme was overkill, but 1-4 U.2 2.5" is probably the minimum. I already have a ton of DDR4, so I don't need that. Just looking for a sudo-inexpensive multi-core 2U rackmount that isn't going to break the bank. I'm upgrading from a DL360-G8 if that helps.
  4. M

Just looking for some second-hand 2U replacement server for some lab work. Looking at the R282-Z92 with a dual low-end epyc CPU - spotted this on eBay, anything I should be looking out for, or opinions on a better option...
  5. M

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Exactly - there are some other models that are less money as well - just wondering if people have used these on the tiny platforms, and how best to do it.
  6. M

I am planning on using a couple of these boxes for remote machines, and I'd like to be able to equip one with an internal M.2 LTE Modem (preferably with 5G and eSim functionality). Does anyone have experience with installing one in one of the m.2 slot (say of an M90q) if so, are there any 4g/5g...
  7. M

Where is the best place to find new/refurbished M90q Gen2/3 boxes? Ebay listings? Looking to get 3-4 of these.
  8. M

WTB: ICX6450 Rack Ears

I did not - mine is currently sitting on a shelf in the rack. I wish I could find some still.
  9. M

WTB: ICX6450 Rack Ears

I'm hoping that someone here has some unused rack ears that would fit an ICX6450? Ebay's got some but they want 50+50 shipping, maybe someone knows other ones that might fit too. Thanks
  10. M

Xeon E5-26XX Question and Clarification

I am trying to figure out the value difference between an E5-2680V1 and an E5-2697V2 on the LGA2011 platform. According to the basic spec sheet comparison (Intel® Product Specification Comparison) at Intel the architecture looks vary similar with the exception of the extra cores/threads and a...
  11. M

GPU Passthrough - ESXi 6.7.0 - AMD and NVIDIA

Ok confusion abounds when trying to get GPU pass-through to work in a combination of host/guest configs, maybe we can try to simplify things as there is a lot going on. Maybe a few questions with people's experience will help everyone and try to document my experiments along the way. Different...
  12. M

LSI SAS2008 Performance - GA-7PESH2 - RAID10

So I've built a new server with the GA-7PESH2 as the basis for the system thinking that the onboard LSI SAS2008 controller would be good enough for my needs and I'm a little underwealmed by the current performance. Hardware - GA-7PESH2 MB, LSI SAS2008 controller, one of the breakout cables is...
  13. M

Advice needed: Proxmox vs vSphere

Great thanks for the opinions.
  14. M

Advice needed: Proxmox vs vSphere

Just looking for a little seasoned advice here. I'm building a server for the house to do a few things: 1- Host files, NAS type stuff for use in a Plex mediaserver setup 2- Backup files, from both local OSX laptops and from a remote datacenter (vSphere) 3- Host virtual machines, Plex as noted...
  15. M

GA-7PESH2 - Looking for vSphere CIM Provider

After installing vSphere on this board, I'm trying to find out if anyone has a better VIB that provides CIM information for system monitoring (SAS2008 controller/drives, etc). All of the temps and fan speeds get reported but no information from the LSI controller. Thanks