Search results

1. R

Samba & FreeBSD 13.2 strange read behavior

I'm actually trying to set up a high-speed samba share over a 40Gb direct connection between a Windows 10 system and a FreeBSD 13.2 server. Regarding my network setup, I'm using two Chelsio 40Gb T580-LP-CR. Doing an iperf test between these two systems give me 35Gb/s with single thread and...
  2. R

ZFS NVMe performances questions

Hi, I'm currently trying to get the best performances I can on FreeBSD with NVMe drives, in order to know how many servers my workflow is going to require (reading a lot of 60MB dpx files per seconds). For testing purpose, I'm using 4x 1Tb Samsung 990 Pro on a system equipped with a...
  3. R

Get rid of FW Upload tce invalid! messages

Hi, I'm currently using Napp-it on Omnios151038. When I use sas3ircu so I can get the correct slot info, I got the log file flooded by "FW Upload tce invalid!" warning messages. I know these message aren't critical, but as it flood the messages log, it makes huge log files and its quite...
  4. R

Intel X553 driver for OmniosCE

I've got a hand on a Supermicro A2SDi-H-TP4F (2 10G T and 2 SFP+), but no ports are recognized by Omnios. As the Intel driver is the same as other Intel NIC (ixgbe), I wanted to know if anyone already get these working with OmniOS or any Solarish based OS. I tested with the latest up to date...
  5. R

Napp-It can't locate Net/SSLeay.pm despite having it installed

I'm using latest OmniOS 151030 I well installed perl SSL and TLS module and enabled TLS email. Here is the version installed: cpan[7]> notest install Net::SMTP::TLS Net::SMTP::TLS is up to date (0.12). cpan[8]> notest install IO::Socket::SSL IO::Socket::SSL is up to date (2.066). cpan[9]> notest...
  6. R

Peformances problem using Resolve with folder on Omnios ZFS server

I'm quite stuck with a very annoying problem. I got a share server based on OmniOS 151030. When I try to export several video files from DaVinci Resolve, each time a file needs to be created, it takes something like 10 seconds to create it with around 400Ko on it, and then Resolve fills it at...
  7. R

Nested/children zfs datasets are not seen through smb share on MacOS

Hi, I'm facing a strange problem: MacOS can't see and access nested dataset when accessing the main dataset using SMB. For example, I got two dataset, ds1 and ds2) mounted as: ds1 : /tank/ds1 ds2 : /tank/ds1/ds2 I set sharesmb to on on ds1, and for testing purposes, I set the ACL to everyone@...
  8. R

Slow read speed for large files

Hi, I'm wondering why I got very slow read speed for large files (basically file larger than my RAM), compared to top notch async write speed. Here is my setup: Up to date Omnios 151028 Supermicro X10SRL-F board with a Xeon 1620 v3 32GB of DDR4 ECC Controller LSI 3008 12 HGST DC HC510 Sata...
  9. R

napp-it/omniosce change smb volume name

Hi, Quick question: how can I change the reported volume name of a smb share, or make it the same as the share name? Indeed, I got some softwares which are reporting the volume name instead of the share name, so it's quite confusing when you have several shares mounted. For example, I created a...