Napp-It can't locate Net/SSLeay.pm despite having it installed

Discussion in 'Solaris, Nexenta, OpenIndiana, and napp-it' started by RonanR, Sep 9, 2019.

1. RonanR

RonanR Member

I'm using latest OmniOS 151030
    I well installed perl SSL and TLS module and enabled TLS email.
    Here is the version installed:
    cpan[7]> notest install Net::SMTP::TLS
    Net::SMTP::TLS is up to date (0.12).
    cpan[8]> notest install IO::Socket::SSL
    IO::Socket::SSL is up to date (2.066).
    cpan[9]> notest install Net::SSLeay
    Net::SSLeay is up to date (1.88).

When I go to the "TLS test" page, I got the following error:
    Can't locate Net/SSLeay.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Net::SSLeay module) (@INC contains: /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.28/i86pc-solaris-thread-multi-64 /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.28 /usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.28/i86pc-solaris-thread-multi-64 /usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.28 /usr/perl5/5.28/lib/i86pc-solaris-thread-multi-64 /usr/perl5/5.28/lib /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/_lib/illumos /var/web-gui/_my/zfsos/_lib

The SSL modules are installed in /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.28.0/x86_64-solaris-thread-multi-64/Net.
    The @INC reported by Napp-it doesn't include the module path, so I think that's the problem.
    Strange thing is the @INC reported by Napp-it is not the same as the one I got when using perl -V. perl -V @INC does effectively include the proper directory.

What can I do to get it working in Napp-it?

2. asche

asche New Member

Have you tried running the CPAN install as sudo / root? Please try a sudo re-install. I recall a similar problem that went away when I re-installed via sudo ...

3. gea

gea Well-Known Member

Napp-it is using the Perl /usr/bin/perl that is included with OmniOS 151030. It seems that you have added another Perl via pkgin where the modules got installed.

This cannot work. Any reason why you added a second Perl?

4. RonanR

RonanR Member

Hi Gea,

This is a fresh install I've made yesterday. Pkgin isn't installed yet. Only OmniOS 151030 up to date and Napp-it. Nothing else.

5. RonanR

RonanR Member

I restore my pre napp-it BE and installed-it again, and now it's working properly.
    Don't know why I got this.