Search results

1. C

Router(firewall) on a stick on CRS328-24P-4S+RM

Hello, I need some help! Trying to setup pfsense on a HP Mini PC with only one nic via a CRS328 with internet from my ISP provided fiber router. But I am lost in WinBox trying to get this to work. I have on the pfsense box created VLAN10(LAN) and VLAN99(WAN). the hp machine is connected to...
  2. C

Inventec B601GB2

Hello, I need some help from some wise hardware gurus. Just got two of the Inventec B601GB2 into the office, and booted them up. Everything seems to work - except that I cannot get any GPU's two work it the board tried 2-3 different now. Anyone got a tip too what it could be that I am...
  3. C

Generic non-pnp monitor

Hello, Host: Server 2016 Datacenter VM: Server 2016 Datacenter Have this issue where I have passed(DDA) a Tesla K40c to a Server 2016 VM and when i disable the Hyper-V display adapter the Generic non-pnp monitor uses the Windows Basic display adapter and not the Tesla. So Application like...
  4. C

HomeGrid - Server2016 DDA + Steam Inhome Streaming

Hallo All! We are redoing the whole house and therefore i am looking into more solutions to virtualize more and more of the machines. Have allready move my workstation to a VM and using a Asrock Desk-Mini 110 som client and all the heavy lifting on the VM. But then i had the idea to refresh...
  5. C

Less is more workstation!

Build’s Name: CAPWORK Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows 10 Pro CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2648lv3 (Own) Motherboard: AsrockX X99e-itx/ac (Own) Chassis: TBA Drives: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB(Own) RAM: 16GB or 32GB DDR4 ECC 2133Mhz(Own 16GB) Add-in Cards: Nvidia GTX 950(Own) Power Supply: TBA Other...
  6. C

550mm chassis in 600mm rack

Hi all! Need some input haven't played with racks enough to know this. Is it possible to mount a 550mm chassis in a 600mm rack? /C4PPY
  7. C

Fractal Design Array R2 in rack?

Hallo all! I got one of these chassis with my home storage in it. But was wondering if anybody have had them in a rack before? The reason for me asking is obvious .. The WAF would skyrocket if i was to put all my sh!t in a rack in the office or laundry room.
  8. C

AM1 + Hyper-V?

Hi, I'm looking at building a small(mini-itx), low power, cheap Hyper-V cluster for home use. Would the AM1 with a quad-core and 16GB ram each work fine? And how does resource-pooling work with Hyper-V and more hosts?
  9. C

P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L - Marvell 88SE9485

Hi Guys, I'm trying to get Openmediavault up and running on my server - but cant get the marvell controller do be detected. Can somebody help me?
  10. C

My 2015 Workstation

Build’s Name: CAPWORK Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10 Preview CPU: i7-5820K Motherboard: Asrock X99e-itx/ac Chassis: Lian Li PC-Q27B Drives: 2x Samsung 840 RAM: 16GB Crucial 2133Mhz DDR4 Add-in Cards: GTX 750 2GB Power Supply: Corsair RM650 Other Bits: Usage Profile: Gonna be my...
  11. C

Storage server in 6U 450mm depth rack

Hallo Everybody, The wife and I is looking at houses right now, so i'm looking into rackmounting all my gear for maximum WAF. Is it possible to get a proper case for my storage server that will fit a 450mm rack together with my swicht and router without breaking the bank? I have found this...
  12. C

Upgrade my NAS

Build’s Name: CAPNAS v3.0 Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows Server 2012 R2 or Freenas CPU: Atom C2550 Motherboard: ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L Chassis: Fractal Design Array R2 Drives: 4x Seagate 4TB and 4x 128GB Kingston SSDnow RAM: 8GB 1600 Mhz Kingston ECC Add-in Cards: Non for now...
  13. C

ESXI 5.5 with Intel Intel I217V

Hi guys, i'm building my new ESXI whitebox with a h87 motherboard with the Intel I217V onboard. Have tried injecting the drivers from VMware with ESXI-Customizer and nothing is going my way. Does anyone got this working, then please give me a guiding light. Best Regards C4PPY
  14. C

New server!

Build’s Name: CAPSERV1 Operating System/ Storage Platform: ESXI 5.1 CPU: Intel Xeon 1240v2 Motherboard: ASUS P8B-E/4L Chassis: Cooler Master CM Force 500 Drives: 2x ST4000DM000; 4x WD20EZRX; 1 or 2 SSD's (Not decided on models yet) RAM: Starting on 24GB Kingston DDR3 (Planing on...