Search results

1. msvirtualguy

[FS][US-NY]: Three of my Homelab servers Supermicro SYS-E300-9D-8CN8TP platform and a Minisforum AR900i

Hi I'm selling quantity THREE of my homelab servers to make room in the rack for new incoming gear. There are a total of three matching Supermicro SYS-E300-9D-8CN8TP based on 8core/16thread Xeon D-2146NT each come with the following: Case w/fans, powersupply and airshroud Supermicro FlexATX...
  2. msvirtualguy

Low Power - High performance multi-faceted AIO challenge

Hi folks. I am planning the next iteration of the home lab and here's what i'm thinking. Right now, I have 5 x XeonD Second Gen 1u systems and a Xeon D based QNAP NAS. As for connectivity it's built on a Ubiquiti foundation: Dream Machine Special Edition XG-24 10GbE Switch NVR What i'm...
  3. msvirtualguy

WTB: Supermicro X11SDV-8C-TP8F Intel Xeon D-2146NT Flex ATX Motherboard

Hi folks. Title says is all. I had a death to my motherboard for one of my nodes and it's out of warranty. I'm looking for a replacement at a decent cost. I need the particular motherboard as it matches my other 3 nodes. and came out of my e300d system. PM me or msvirtualguy at gmail dot...
  4. msvirtualguy

Netgear XS708E 10Gb Switch

1. Netgear XS708E: Great Mananged 10GbE Switch. Total of 8 ports with 1 shared SFP+ port. This switch supports, vlans, etc. and is web managed. Great for Home Lab, Storage, etc. I used it in my lab and it worked great. 10-Gigabit Plus Series PRICE: $390 Shipped $350 Shipped
  5. msvirtualguy

WTB: AsRock Rack ROMED8-2, 32 Core Epyc Rome CPU, 128GB RAM

Changing things up a bit. I was going to add another Xeon D node but after rethinking it I do need a beefy system for some nested testing and other things so i've changed the post. Hi folks, i'm looking to add one more node to my lab and i'm looking to build my first Epyc System: 1. AsRock...
  6. msvirtualguy

WTB: MEM-DR464MC-ER29 or MEM-DR464MC-ER32 x 12

I'm starting to reach memory limitaions in my lab with 3 x 128GB Nodes and since i'm on Xeon D 2x platform my only option is to move to 64GB DIMMS as the next logical step. I'm looking for 12 x 64GB DIMMS ECC REGISTERED DDR4 MODEL: MEM-DR464MC-ER29 or MEM-DR464MC-ER32 Please let me know what...
  7. msvirtualguy

Upgrading NAS - Please provide feedback.

I have a QNAP TS1685 w/Xeon-D 1521 CPU w/128GB ECC DDR4 2133 RAM and has served me well but i'm running out of capacity and am moving to full on Google NVR Cloud storage so I decided this could be a good opportunity to upgrade some other things besides just my HDD tier. Use cases right now are...
  8. msvirtualguy

WTB: 6 x Samsung PM883 1.92TB SSD's

Hi all..been a while. Hope you are all doing well. I'm in the process of upgrading and rebuilding my lab and want to use this opportunity to upgrade my storage capacity. Thought i'd stop in here before I go to ebay. I'm looking for 6 x Samsung PM883 1.92TB SSDs. They have to have Samsung...
  9. msvirtualguy

Supermicro X11 BMC/iPMI Firmware - 1.17 Anyone have a copy?

Title says it all folks. I specifically need 1.17 firmware for my X11SDV-8C-TP8F. Since Supermicro has basically removed FTP access to older firmware i'm SOL. Please PM me if you have a copy of the bits. Thank you.
  10. msvirtualguy

FS: Supermicro X11SDV-4C-TP8F

Hi folks. My loss, your gain. I ordered another server for my home lab and realized when I got it was the 4 Core/8 Thread version of the CPU instead of the 8 cores I needed. Awesome board, new system pull replacing with 8 core model. This would be great for small form factor NAS, K8s, Virtual...
  11. msvirtualguy

Anyone build or house a server rack under their basement stairs?

In the early stages of finishing the basement and one of the ideas I've had was to move my rack under the basement stairs. It's a smaller triplite rack with my lab gear etc. I need to get a new rackmount UPS as well. There will be some items on top of the rack so I need to save some room for...
  12. msvirtualguy

Workstation 2020

Been a while and now that the year is winding down I found some time to put some more effort into my personal stuff. 2019 was a great year and looking forward to 2020. I actually ran 2019 on a Corsair One 9900k/RTX 2080Ti/32GB RAM all NVMe system but now that's showing it's age for some things...
  13. msvirtualguy

SOLD

Hi folks. I've now consolidated my lab fully on Xeon D 2nd Gen and have three fully kitted nodes. I was going to use my single Workstation/Server for a GPU/VDI/Deep Learning test machine but I just don't need it. Here are the specs: Cererbus mATX Chassis w/mesh side panels and handle, Dark...
  14. msvirtualguy

WTB: Nvidia Tesla P4

Title says it all folks. Looking to add some GPU/vGPU to my Nutanix home lab and this model will fit nicely. I can get this card on ebay for $1350. Looking for a price better than that. PM or msvirtualguy at gmail dot com Thanks!
  15. msvirtualguy

FS: Home Lab Kit - Xeon Scalable

Hi folks. I'm selling my Xeon Scalable home lab and going back to latest Xeon-D two single node solutions. Now that we have full DR Runbook/Orchestration capabilities built in and I can run Production Nutanix Code on Xeon D (internal employees only) i'm moving back to two smaller Supermicro...
  16. msvirtualguy

WTB: Single Xeon-D 8+ Core in E300d Chassis, 2 x 32GB ECC DDR4 2400 RAM, 2 x Intel 800GB S3710 SSDs

Hi folks, been a while. My Intel NUC is not cutting it anymore so that will be moved to solely focus on Nutanix IoT so I need another node that will act as a "secondary site" for DR, etc. These are the requirements as I'll be running Production Nutanix: BOUGHT NEW
  17. msvirtualguy

FS: Supermicro Xeon-D Parts

Cleaning time is in full effect to redo my office space and need to get rid of some items that are not of any use at this point: 1. Supermicro Mylar Air Shroud for SYS-5028 Series Servers - RoHS / REACH SKU: 10025923 MFG Part Number: MCP-310-00076-0B Supermicro MCP-310-00076-0B Accessories 2...
  18. msvirtualguy

FS: AMD Threadripper Combo (MB/CPU/AIO Cooler)

Ok..on to the Fall selling season: Asrock x399m Taichi AMD Threadripper 1950x Enermax Liqtech TR4 360 AIO Selling as package only. Ran rock solid with slight overclock to 3.6GHz. Always on water. Everything will come in retail box with all accessories. This combo goes for $1150 right now...
  19. msvirtualguy

FS: Dell X1052

Hi all, I moved to another Netgear switch for my "Core" at the home office lab to standardize on netgear for switching. Switch has served me well, but I just don't need it. Will come retail box with everything, has easy rail system, etc. SHIPPED to @Churchill PM or msvirtualguy at gmail...