FS: AMD Threadripper Combo (MB/CPU/AIO Cooler)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
Ok..on to the Fall selling season:

Asrock x399m Taichi
AMD Threadripper 1950x
Enermax Liqtech TR4 360 AIO

Selling as package only. Ran rock solid with slight overclock to 3.6GHz. Always on water. Everything will come in retail box with all accessories. This combo goes for $1150 right now new. Pictured you see Corsair RGB Fans, they will not come with it. The Enermax Fans for the cooler were never used and will come with the AIO. Also only selling what's listed.

PRICE: SOLD to @workingnonstop

No trades, accept Paypal.

Refs a must, mine are located here:

Trader Reviews for FnG41 | HeatWare.com

PM or msvirtualguy at gmail dot com

Last edited:

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
Thanks for everyone's interest. Honestly, I got a great deal on a 7960x and Adobe Premiere will be the main workstation application in the not so distant future as well as gaming. Just not taking advantage of what Threadripper can offer right now and will not be using the apps that will take advantage of it.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
So premiere only use up to 4 cores? if any software uses a lot more than 4 cores, i would say the best deal is actually dual 2696 v2 which the other day they were going for $460 for both cpu. you also get a lot more ram capacity and cheaper ram going dual v2 cpu... but i guess if your app only use up to 4 cores, then v2 cpu aren't that fast anymore.

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
I don't need ECC and I need gaming performance as well. Intel bests AMD in Premiere because of the higher clocks I can get with Intel. For everything I need to do with my system, Intel is the best option. This is all going on water as well to keep things cool and quiet.

It's not a Intel vs AMD fanboy thing with me. It's what makes sense for my workload.

I still have an AMD 2700x System that my daughter uses. I built her a Star Wars Empire themed system:

Last edited:

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
So... I had picked this up thinking it would make a nice, though unnecessary, upgrade for my Plex box. I've subsequently acquired dual Epyc (!) and dual Xeon Scaleable setups (!) and just don't have the time or need for everything - especially considering I'm leaving for my honeymoon in a couple of days. :)

Everything is still wrapped up nicely as received from msvirtualguy (mobo and cooler have packaging; the CPU was shipped in the board). If anyone was watching this thread and is interested in the bundle for what I paid + PP fees/actual shipping, let me know.

edit: I have a 100gb HGST SAS SSD I can throw in -HUSSL4010BSS600. Found on my shelf recently... didn't remember having it! Never bad to get more unused hardware out. :)
edit2: to be clear, the HGST SSD is a used pull - just not being used at the moment, so "unused" - not new!
edit3: I paid $750.

Last edited:
Reactions: gigatexal