Search results

1. I

Dell Power Connect MPS1000 External PSU

Hi guys, It's me again, the one with the random questions. I've gotten my hands on one of these for pennies. So cheap I didn't even do any research into whether I can do with it what I want to first. What I need to know is does this thing turn on and start producing power as soon as AC power...
  2. I

HP DL380 G6 Noisy/BIOS update??

First off sorry if this is in the wrong place but I couldn't see a better place for it. I recently got a DL380 G6 cheap and I'm planning on consolidating all my other physical machines onto this. While I'm building a custom cabinet to put everything in I've been having a play around with the...
  3. I

WNT: Rackmount Ears Netgear GS748T

Looking to see if anyone has any knocking around they wouldn't mind parting ways with. I'm in the Uk and I can only find a couple on ebay from the states with stupid crazy postage. Thanks in advance Iain
  4. I

"Server Cabinet" rebuild questions and advice

Ok, so I'm looking at moving most of my servers/home lab equipment to a new rackmount style custom built cabinet because I'm looking to add some new hardware into the mix. I already have one ATX pc in there, and I am looking at adding another for firewall plus maybe a 3rd if I get a decent price...
  5. I

Not able to reach subnet

Hi guys, sorry if I am in the wrong forum but looking for some help with my home lab that I haven't the foggiest on how to troubleshoot at the moment. I have a cluster of raspberry pi's behind a banana pi r1 router board, on a separate subnet from the rest of my home network. I had it all...
  6. I

Spare server advice

Hi guys, nice forum, hopefully learn a lot just looking through. Anyway looking for some advice really, I'm not an IT pro, chef by trade but like tinkering with computers. I've been given an old rackmount IBM x3650 79797AG 2x Xeon Dual Core 20gb ram. I've just been using it for backup of my...