This is a brief guide to using AMD GPUs and OpenCL for password cracking benchmarks using oclHashcat. It is very easy.
Initial setup steps:
Benchmarking with oclHashcat
- Download oclHashcat AMD binaries and extract to a folder
- Download and install AMD OpenCL drivers
- Ensure your cards are setup
- Goto the oclHashcat folder
- Use the following command (assuming 64 bit OS)If you want to save the results to a file "benchmark_results.txt" instead:Code:oclHashcat64.exe -b --benchmark-mode=1
Code:oclHashcat64.exe -b --benchmark-mode=1 > "benchmark_results.txt"