Recent content by Philmatic

1. P

WTB: Supermicro CSE-846 4U 24-Bay in Los Angeles area

Looking for a Supermicro CSE-846 (4U 24 Bay) with SAS2 or better backplanes in the Los Angeles, CA area. Coming from Ventura country, but will drive as far as Orange County or even San Bernardino county if the price is right. EBay has been completely lacking these at any reasonable price lately.
  2. P

M2 8TB $1500

It's also $1500 on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08957PT2K
  3. P

EU [WTB][UK] Low cost workstation with 128GB RAM

Single processor E5 motherboards are always going to be significantly more expensive. Your best bet is to find a first gen (V0) E5-2650/2660/2670, they go for a fraction of what the V2’s go for, and the performance difference isn’t (At least in my opinion) worth it to go to the V2 since you are...
  4. P

M386B8G70DE0-YH93 (64GB DDR3: $85.60

A TB of RAM for ~$1350? What a time to be alive.
  5. P

WTB: Supermicro CSE-847 that supports EE-ATX WIO

This is VERY helpful, one last question/concern: That takes care of the width part of the EE-ATX, but the concern I have is in the length. When I tried to install the motherboard (X9DRW-7TPF+) into a 826 I had laying around, the width was fine (Because of the grated empty section), but I could...
  6. P

I’m more worried about the EE-ATX part of the equation. I actually have a spare WIO rear window. It’s the combination of EE-ATX + WIO that has me stumped.
  7. P

Example: SuperMicro CSE-847 4U Server 1x E5-2630L 16GB RAM X9DRD MOTHERBOARD 10GB NIC | eBay It’s hard to tell if it supports EE-ATX WIO.
  8. P

It’s hard to find a chassis for these, but does anyone have one, or can tell by looking at eBay listings? I have a X9 motherboard in the WIO form factor that is EE-ATX just laying around and need a solid chassis for it. I was thinking a 2U, but would rather get the 847 (4U) because it’s the...
  9. P

WTB: Norco RPC-340 Chassis

I would call directly. They are very responsive and can tell you if they have it in stock.
  10. P

WTB: Norco RPC-340 Chassis

Seems to be at Norco directly: RPC-340 Computer Server Rack Rackmount 3U Chassis Case
  11. P

XEON SCALABLE PLATINUM GOLD ES CPU FS

Are the Golds ES’s too? Heatwave?
  12. P

Supermicro CSE-116 10 Bay 2.5" Unpopulated Chassis w/ X10SRH-CF LGA 2011-3 $150 + S/H

Sweet deal if you specifically want 2.5”. Would make a fantastic ESXi host with SATA SSD datastores. The single CPU motherboard is worth that amount alone, even more so.
  13. P

WTB: ASUS Hyper M.2 v2 < $40

Yes, sorry. The 4x VROC card.
  14. P

wanted norco RPC-4224 or similar

Well, that’s a good reason. I would contact him, since the distance is so small, he may be interested in dropping it off for a small fee. He’s had it up on CL for 6 weeks so I’m sure he wants to get rid of it.
  15. P

wanted norco RPC-4224 or similar

What’s wrong with the guy in Alhambra? $350 for a brand new one is unbeatable and you can pick it up same day, he’s less than an hour from you.