Supermicro CSE-116 10 Bay 2.5" Unpopulated Chassis w/ X10SRH-CF LGA 2011-3 $150 + S/H

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Philmatic

Sep 15, 2011
Sweet deal if you specifically want 2.5”. Would make a fantastic ESXi host with SATA SSD datastores. The single CPU motherboard is worth that amount alone, even more so.

Reactions: Samir

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I picked up some of the X10SRH-CF boards from this seller, they do indeed come nicely packed. I was also pleased to find out that one of the boards had the license activated for doing bios and bmc updates via IPMI. That's a -huge- time saver. Not sure if it's the same on the rest of the boards, though.

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
I think this was a great deal at $210 with tax and would be a powerful platform for an 24/7 operation. My only problem is that I have no use for it
:( I was just testing how low seller would go.

Rain

May 13, 2013
While these have 10 2.5" bays up front, you can clearly see in the pictures that they support an additional four 2.5" drives mounted inside (between the backplane and fans).

As @Yarik Dot mentions, these are very similar to (and may in fact be) servers Netflix was using as massive SSD-based caches. There was a thread on here some time ago discussing it when a large quantity of them ended up on eBay. I'm sure other companies (CDNs, ect) used these too, though.

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
While these have 10 2.5" bays up front, you can clearly see in the pictures that they support an additional four 2.5" drives mounted inside (between the backplane and fans).

As @Yarik Dot mentions, these are very similar to (and may in fact be) servers Netflix was using as massive SSD-based caches. There was a thread on here some time ago discussing it when a large quantity of them ended up on eBay.
Kind of funky how they mount the drive trays perpendicular to the fans.

kapone

May 23, 2015
Shameless plug: I have a bunch of these chassis that I decommissioned a while ago. These are 100% complete chassis with trays/power supplies/the additional 2.5" mounts/drive screws/rails etc. (No Motherboard/CPU/RAM/disks etc) I even have a few customizations that could be done.

- Choice of rear window - Standard Supermicro window with 1 slot, UIO window that supports 3 slots, WIO window that supports 3 slots.
- dual 700w gold or 500w platinum PSUs

I'm happy to entertain reasonable offers.