Recent content by Partofthesolution

1. P

ESXi 7 - VLAN passthrough / Strange vNIC assignement behavior

Sorry, i never tried to install ESXi on my APU. The goal was to use a opensense config which works in a ESXi-Guest-VM and my APU.
  2. P

Yet another ASRock Rack X570D4U-2L2T build ( for ESXi and NAS-usage )

Yes, you are right. The PSU is installed upside down and there is a fan grille in the base plate, right under the installed PSU. The PSU Mount Area is pictured in the servethehome-review. The reasons why i installed the PSU upside down are: - As you mentioned, there is not much space under the...
  3. P

I compared both files on file content level with free file sync (the unreleased preview 1.30 vs. the official released 1.30). Both files are the same. There is a 1.30b .zip on ASRocks FTP Server, but its password protected.
  4. P

Just to address some more bugs here: - SR-IOV is working with intial BIOS release v1.20 under ESXi7. With 1.28beta, SR-IOV is not working anymore (and also not with unreleased v1.30) Dont know if this bug is also present in the public available BIOS version 1.20 or 1.28beta (i have access to...
  5. P

Is there a newsletter to get informations about discounts? Whats the best source for news about VMUG promos / discounts?
  6. P

Thanks! Actually, if you already know what "All (4095)" means, yes, otherwise, its hard to understand that this is the "enable vgt"-switch. :) Yeah, i thought about VMUG, but i am still struggling with the 200USD/year.... maybe later.
  7. P

OK guys, the first topic might be a OPNsense/FreeBSD or a ryzen specific topic. I talked to a friend and hes also struggling with this problem with opnsense on a ryzen system (but baremetal). Topic 2: Yes, thats the right place to configure VGT (VLAN guest tagging). I did a lot of research in...
  8. P

Thanks for reply. Im pretty sure that the intial setup with four NICs is as expected. This means: This setup was working until i added the fifth and sixth Network Adapter. I verified this setup by letting clients pull DHCP leases in every VLAN. After adding more Network Adapters to the VM...
  9. P

Dear forum, I am running an ESXi7 installation (latest update 7.0.1c is installed). My first topic is: I installed a opnsense router/firewall in a guest VM. First, i tried to config this guest with three virtual NIC/vmxnet 3 adapters. The first vNIC is linked to a physical 1Gbit-Intel-NIC for...
  10. P

Just because its not the only and first build in this forum.
  11. P

Intel Optane P4801X 100GB (U.2 or M.2, maybe with adapter) as ZFS log

I would like to buy a log device for my ZFS-filer, so the drive of choice should have power loss protection, high iops rate, low latency. I think Intel Optane P4801X series with 100GB is a good choice for my needs. This drives are available in U.2 and M.2. Does anybody have experiences with...
  12. P

[Solved] SAS3008 not SR-IOV capable?

I have the exact same problem. I cant enable SR-IOV in combination with my SuperMicro aoc-s3008l-l8i (Firmware is IT-mode SuperMicro stock firmware in Version 16.00.01.00). System is Ryzen 7 4750G on an ASRock Rack X570D4U-2L2T AMD-V and IOMMU is enabled. Its possible to activate SR-IOV for the...
  13. P

Yes i will optimize this in the near future. I told Noctua that i solved the overheating problem by disabling the boost clock and i also sent them the link to this thread. As a result of this, they thanked and updated theire 4750G-compatibility-list from "NH-L9a not compatible" to "NH-L9a...
  14. P

The Versatile SAS3008 Chipset: My Vendor Crossflashing Adventures

There is newer version dated to 2020/07/17 with version 16.00.10.00 (instead of 16.00.01.00) for supermicro 3008 cards available on the supermicro website. https://www.supermicro.com/wftp/Driver/SAS/LSI/3008/Firmware/