Recent content by osrk

1. O

AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

Go with 3200 MHz. You can normally find it for not that much more. Just one of those buy once cry once instead of getting 2133mhz and regretting it or wondering what could be.
  2. O

Yes unfortunately the prices for sp3 boards have gone up a lot. I got a h12ssli locally because it was cheaper but got the cpu from tugm, shipped quickly and reliably. Idk why all these used epycs are ending up in china but I’ll take it.
  3. O

EXPIRED 1.5TB Intel P4800X U.2 $400

There was a $20 off coupon on the Newegg drive last week, so it does go on sale. I don’t think this eBay drive is a good deal.
  4. O

H12SSL-I BIOS and Firmware Update with SUM

It seems they've changed up how they update the BIOS an firmware. I wanted to get some confirmation on how to do the update. I believe it's the same process even with SUM. Downloading the package from https://www.supermicro.com/en/support/resources/downloadcenter/firmware/MBD-H12SSL-i/BIOS I...
  5. O

Asrock Rack Epyc Rome/Milan and Threadripper Pro motherboards

Lol how they got that board to support almost 300 w TDP cpus is pretty amazing. But yeah if you need lots of cores and no RAM or I/O then this is your horse. Having half the ram slots is kinda a bummer. Does that mean the bandwidth is halved? The fact that none of these have sold despite being...
  6. O

Asrock Rack Epyc Rome/Milan and Threadripper Pro motherboards

Lol that itx board is funny. You basically flush all the pros for epyc down the toilet for an itx form factor. The entire point of epyc is all the sweet sweet I/o.
  7. O

https://store.supermicro.com/us_en/slimline-x8-to-2x-u-2-connector-with-power-cable-cbl-sast-0953.html You also need to change a setting in the bios to make it work. Basically auto detect to pcie or nvme. I forget.
  8. O

EXPIRED Intel P3605 1.6TB NVME 2.5" $55

got my four today. They came very nicely packaged and very quick. Each was individually wrapped and had a sticker of when and who tested it. 10/10 packaging. Here's the smartctl on two the drives I randomly chose to look at at this moment. Overall A LOT of life left in these old girls...
  9. O

US want to borrow - ddr4 3200 ecc registered memory - hopefully inbound

I doubt that, you could pick up a stick or two. When testing I used a stick to just boot. Like $30 for a stick wouldn't cost you much more than the crosship for borrowing from someone. You could also let me borrow your shiny milan processor :D.
  10. O

haha (kinda), you're really missing out! My benchmarks numbers are sssooo much bigger. I went with 2666mhz just cost wise. Plus this thing was gonna host a flash array.
  11. O

yeah that's just the MAXIMUM supported spec. Are you gonna kit it out with 2TB as well? I'm happily using these 2666mhz modules in my H12SSL-i (though they're out of stock now but you can prob find the same part number). https://www.ebay.com/itm/265314886365
  12. O

Rome. I reread the manual and still do not see the requirement. I’d be curious if you could show me? My understanding going back decades is there’s a maximum memory speed but a board will always take a slower speed.
  13. O

I have the same board and am using 2600mhz. It’s not a requirement but the max supported. It will happily take slower speeds.
  14. O

EXPIRED Intel P3605 1.6TB NVME 2.5" $55

That's the reason I'm going with nothing but epyc systems. The PCIE slot selection is amazing and it's bifuracated if you need it. Love these epycs.