Recent content by oldfett

1. O

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

I'm personally not honestly sure. Its my understanding that the Gen 3 added PWM fans, so I would assume the VE doesn't bring much difference to the table? One item of note is that unlike other enclosures I'm used to (Dell) both of the SAS modules must be seated or it gets angry and ramps up the...
  2. O

Sorry, should have included this information. Below are the part numbers I'm aware of, unsure if there are substitutes or alternates. P/N: 071-000-532 - 2nd Generation P/N: 071-000-518 - 3rd Generation P/N: 071-000-553 - 3rd Generation VE Below are how they look on the label, luckily it calls...
  3. O

Just wanted to add a few comments to this regarding power and noise. I purchased a KTN-STL4 chassis with SAS 6G modules. Playing around with a kill-a-watt I could not get this system sub 80W without drives installed and single PSU powered, it was also one of the louder pieces of equipment I own...
  4. O

14 TB WD Easystore $200 @BestBuy

FYI if you have an old drive/storage collecting dust (flash drives work) you can use the following to stack on top, if you have a local BB that is. This gets the price down to around sub $190 after tax (MN). Only bummer is single usage and the mild headache of having the BB person find the...
  5. O

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

I haven't, but would be curious if others have. I think I had found the part number ( 1HY9ZZZ049E) reached out to a number of resellers/partners and even Quanta to see if I could source them. I never got a response from anyone. I'm guessing its likely due to volume, I offered to purchase a few...
  6. O

5019D-FN8TP-X11SDV-4C-TP8F New in Box $500

I'm a little confused, my orange/yellow port is powered and the manual does indicate it supports superdoms?
  7. O

Unfortunately a no for me. I emailed Quanta and a few of their distributors asking to buy a few dozen (hoping quantity would help grease the wheels and I could just resell the rest). I haven't gotten a response and at this point likely don't anticipate one.
  8. O

I think a few folks bought these primarily for the compute rather than the storage. If that's the case anyone willing to sell me the internal 3.5" drive trays? I would like to pick up 1-2 more of these for backup systems but it sounds like they are now coming without trays/caddys. Otherwise...
  9. O

Received the correct rails, seller confirmed honest mistake mixing up the rail storage bins. Taking a picture and providing details for others if needed. Not the greatest picture but incorrect sliding King Slide rail on the left, correct static King Slide rail on the right. The sliding rails...
  10. O

Sounds like we got the same thing, these look like the King slide equivalent to a 1U Dell server sliding rail. Even if we had screws I don't see how this inner rail would line up. I've been working with C4 the last few days trying to figure it out, but I did just notice they have the picture of...
  11. O

I think they are, at least recently, maybe shipping the incorrect rails with these systems. I could be wrong but I think this system should be using a static rail/lip/shelf and they are shipping sliding rails for a more standard 1U server.
  12. O

Automated Power On/Off Backup Server

Hello everyone, long time reader but I think this may be my first post. Apologies if its in the wrong section, but it seemed to fit in maybe a few different placed. I'm basically looking to build a backup server/NAS. However if possible I would like to automate powering the system on/off to...