Recent content by Juggie

1. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Multicast config is all default no changes. Once I upgraded the firmware it worked. What switch do you have? Does it have the latest firmware?
  2. J

2x10G+2x2.5G+PCIE Solt+Intel VPRO+U.2 NVME[Minisforum MS-01]

As mentioned by another poster it would be good to make sure there's sufficient cooling when the system is fully loaded.
  3. J

What exactly is being shown in the 3rd picture here? Just curious if this is room for a single half height expansion card on its side? Having the ability to add a sas controller would be the icing on the cake.
  4. J

Hopefully it's not a Connect-X3 again.
  5. J

Any word on the price?
  6. J

GBASE-T transceivers performance with NBASE-T - Marvell 88x3300 v/s Aquantia AQS-107

@dag have you tried this one? Reports on Reddit for it seem positive and it's new this year. https://store.ui.com/products/10g-sfp-to-10gbe-rj45-module?_pos=1&_sid=3426fc8bb&_ss=r
  7. J

$125 - (Dell Labeled) Aquantia AQS-107 SFP+ to RJ45 NBase-T Transceivers

@dag Wanted to update you that yep I was able to reproduce the issue for sure. I'll have to keep this in mind if I ever upgrade to anything with a better upload speed. That said I do sometimes feel like I have random drop outs so this could potentially be the cause, the iperf3 behaviour was...
  8. J

Interesting. I have some other 2.5g gear so I'll give it a test with iperf3 and check it out.
  9. J

I have this sfp+: Wiitek 10GBase-T 10G RJ45 to SFP+ Copper Transceiver 30-Meter, Compatible for Cisco SFP-10G-T-X, Ubiquiti, Mikrotik (Cat 6a/7 or Better) https://a.co/d/grCYkak It's installed in a brocade 6610 which doesn't support 2.5 or 5g on the SFP+ ports. Flow control is enabled. On...
  10. J

Does a Brocade ICX-6450 support 2.5G Base T transceivers?

Not officially no. But some SFP+ transceivers handle this problem by linking on 10g on one side and 2.5g on the other.
  11. J

5Gb ethernet copper into 6610?

The cable modem has a 2.5g ethernet port. The 6610 does not. It has a 10g SFP+. The 10g SFP+ port does not link at 2.5 or 5g. Thus the Amazon SFP+ I sent you above reports a 10g link to the switch but links at 2.5g with the cable modem. Ie it basically lies to the switch. Hopefully that's...
  12. J

The 6610 does not handle 2.5. The Sfp has to be 10g on the switch side and multi rate on the ethernet side. The one I linked does that. I can't speak for the one you did.
  13. J

I should add that the 6610 side shows 10g but the cable modem shows 2.5g.
  14. J

Wiitek 10GBase-T 10G RJ45 to SFP+ Copper Transceiver 30-Meter, Compatible for Cisco SFP-10G-T-S, Ubiquiti, D-Link, Supermicro, Netgear, Mikrotik (Cat 6a/7) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07P39G4XJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_GAQ28Q19GWS1DHZG05KY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 I use this one to connect 2.5g ethernet...
  15. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

No worries. It was a tangly issue but no fault of yours! I had broken out wireshark, found a python example to dump out multicast, and subbed to the ip/port used by the hdhomerun (which is ssdp). I was seeing all kinds of traffic including the hdhomerun itself broadcasting out, it just never...