2x10G+2x2.5G+PCIE Solt+Intel VPRO+U.2 NVME[Minisforum MS-01]

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Looks like a potentially very interesting platform. For me it would come down to two things:

- is the cooling solution good enough to run without excessive throttling (and at reasonable noise levels)
- price, of course

I'll make a guess on the 10g being 82599 as they are showing up widely in recent Chinese designs.

JaxJiang

Jan 10, 2023
@Juggie @PigLover
10G NIC is Intel X710
2.5G NIC is Intel I226-V + Intel I226-LM(with vpro kvm support)
CPU up to 13900H. All FreeBSD friendly.
The price may better than same “minipc" from dell and lenovo.
And the perfermance better than this (using desktop minipc) HP MINIPC (from servethehoe review video
)

I am designer of this product. I come here for share this "complete solution". Not the heavy and ugly ones. @slidermike

And i will take this product to IFA Berlin 2023.

If anyone is interested in it. my location number is 195, date is 3-5 Septemner

JaxJiang

Jan 10, 2023
@tjk
@xnnxy
It is have a worldwide release. Due to certification reasons, it may not be released simultaneously.
For US delivery, maybe 2-3 month later.

louie1961

May 15, 2023
I understand the CPU doesn't support it, but that size package with all those features plus ECC memory would be amazing.

Juggie

Nov 3, 2018
What exactly is being shown in the 3rd picture here?

1693358061326.png

Just curious if this is room for a single half height expansion card on its side? Having the ability to add a sas controller would be the icing on the cake.

Reactions: Patrick

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Yes. half height pcie card.
Strongly recommend to have an option of a cooling fan for PCIE compartment in the future. Not included, but as an option, well designed.
While mellanox cx3 may be super cheap and I'm totally okay with baking one of them and replacing if it dies(so far it didn't, im running mlx354 with two arista 40g-univ transceivers installed in p320 tiny, and no cooling), a better and newer cards would be an expensive replacement if it fries.

I have all but one m.2 storage accessed remotely over iscsi, which eases the overall thermal load on the system. I desperately need at least one pcie gen4 x16 lane slot for installing a much faster NICs for NVMEoF. That are vastly more expensive to lose, hence the active cooling of pcie bay is really an option I'd pay for.

Reactions: Patrick

Tilo

Aug 28, 2023
This box is exactly what I'm looking for.
@JaxJiang : Can you provide the dimensions of this box? I've checked the articles linked in your first post and I cannot find them.

Last edited: