Recent content by GelinosOne

1. G

Manual Fan Controll (IPMI)

Thank you. Do I have to make any changes for my Board (I have a Supermicro A2SDi-4C-HLN4F)
  2. G

Manual Fan Controll (IPMI)

Hello Everybody, Today I updated my FreeNAS Server from 11.2 to 11.3 and ran into a problem with IPMI. I managed to fix it by setting a new threshold for my CPU fan, which is connected to the Mainboard. Now the FAN runs at 1100 RPM but I want it to run slower at 700 RPM or even a little lower...
  3. G

ZFS server - hard/software components

Yes I made a new threat but because I had some new questions I thought it would be clearer to have it in one threat
  4. G

I am not sure if it needs to be transcoded or just served to the clients. i have some mkv files which are 50 gig big and I want them to watch with Plex or Kodi. Do I need to transcode ? And if yes, will it work ?
  5. G

Hallo again, I changed some of my components for my personal NAS due to some space problems in my room. I now have the follow Hardware-list for my FreeNAS device: RAM: 2x Samsung DIMM 32GB, DDR4-2400, CL17-17-17, reg ECC Cache-SSD: 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB HDD: 8x Seagate IronWolf NAS HDD...
  6. G

List of components

Hello Everybody, I hope this will be my last post and I finally will be able to build my own NAS. Like I mentioned in previous posts I want to create a NAS with about 25 TB of storage for Saving of my many private files. I researched a lot and finally made a list of my components I intended...
  7. G

Planing DIY Network interface

Hallo everybody, i have a few questions about creating a "Webpage" for my personal network ... I've planned to build a NAS and use the OS FreeNAS for it. I'll explain what I mean with webpage... My intent is to create a NAS with my personal Media (like I posted in another threat) and I thought...
  8. G

Building FreeNAS

Hallo everybody, I again have a few questions about the usage (or building) of a NAS Server. I want to create a private NAS with a huge amount of files (I think there are about 18 Terabyte of files I want to save) and my biggest fear is to lose them due to Bit Rot. So I Read that ZFS should be...
  9. G

Devices "available" for ZFS

Hello Everybody, Like I mentioned in a previous thread I want to use ZFS for my personal storage. I found a cheap deal for a Hard drive storage which supports JBOD. My question, Does this JBOD storage have to support ZFS or not. technically it should not matter, I think.
  10. G

ZFS usage

Why does it not check for errors ? Or did I only understand you wrong. Do you mean that it won't scan for errors at all or only if the drives are turned off. Honestly I could understand the second :D
  11. G

"Offline" NAS

Hello Everybody, it may sound like a dumb question but I'd like to know if I can use a NAS "offline" ? Well I mean if I can use the NAS with a WLAN Router which is not connected with the internet ... So I could share my date with WiFi technology nearby the location or use it via an ethernet...
  12. G

ZFS usage

Hallo Everybody, First of all I want to apologize for some potential mistakes in my English but I’m not an English native speaker … Also I don’t know if I put the question into the right topic, correct me if I’m wrong My Question is about the ZFS file System I want to use ZFS for a...