Recent content by Foray

1. Foray

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

Does the 2GB version of the 4.24 even exist? My 7050QX-32 is still running 2GB 4.23.
  2. Foray

Looking for Arista firmware

you should be able to safely delete an update file from the flash, running EOS is copied to memory before its ran. If something goes horribly wrong with the upgrade process the switch should drop to ABOOT on boot, which is its bootloader and essentially linux, and is fairly easy to navigate...
  3. Foray

EDGECORE AS7762 32x100GBe SONiC compatible, ONIE, BroadcomTomahawk 3 + Xeon D Switch

This isn't a standard 7762, so dimensions from the standard datasheet don't apply. That picture on the leaflet looks like Kylo Ren's chest, wide AF. And the power button is probably connected to some contactor to engage a soft start for the 50-ish amps max this thing is gonna draw from the 12v...
  4. Foray

HORACO 9 Port 2 5G + SFP+ Uplink Fanless Switch for $95

Just ran across basically the same box on amazon with a different name on it. https://www.amazon.com/MokerLink-Ethernet-SFP-Compatible-Unmanaged/dp/B0BQVBVKKD/
  5. Foray

Brocade 6610-24F + 24x 1gbe base-t transceiver + breakout - 95$

Shipping is insane on this.
  6. Foray

So, 4.23.12 on my 7050qx-32 does something weird with ipv6 forwarding. Kept losing v6 packets between it and the other routers that became worse over a few minutes after boot, until it was just a full drop. I don't have time to do a full diagnostic on it, perhaps just avoid this version as...
  7. Foray

48-port 10GbaseT Arista 7050T/7148T switches

The 7050T-64 has 48x 10gig copper and 4x 40gig qsfp+, the 7050T-52 has the 48x 10gig copper and 4x 10gig sfp+. I don't understand why the 7048T is so expensive. It's a gig switch with 4x 10gig, nothing too special. Also, when it comes to sellers on ebay selling Arista gear, make sure they're...
  8. Foray

Are you using Arista branded or authorized transceivers/dac cables? If not, you need to run the command in the post linked below to enable them. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/arista-dcs-7050qx-32.11132/page-12#post-318163
  9. Foray

Try this to recover from ABOOT password. https://www.arista.com/en/um-eos/eos-recovery-procedures#xx1129030
  10. Foray

Cheap HPE stuff (modules, AOCs, DACs, cables), smells fishy to you?

Ships from Czech republic.
  11. Foray

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Yes. I've got 2GB-4.23.8 running on mine. No. 2GB-4.24.x is newer and should work too, but I don't have it to test.
  12. Foray

Quanta LY8

Fans spinning down make it seem like the bootloader is functional, maybe it's missing it's software. Have you tried different baud rates on the console? IIRC u-boot defaults to 115200
  13. Foray

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Not sure what the flash size has to do with EOS loading. I've had 8GB DOMs in my 7050QX switches and I still can't get 4.22+ standard to load fully, while -2GB works fine. Guess they trimmed asic support on the 'larger' images.
  14. Foray

IBM-N2215/SAS9302-8i for $59.99 OBO

What better way to spend the stimulus money than on $1200 of sas cards.
  15. Foray

mellanox mnpa19-xta 10g nic stop working

Look at the back of the card and find U17. It is the largest chip on that side. Inspect for any damage. You may need to reflow solder with hot air rework station. I had a card that boot fine but would not take firmware update unless I applied pressure to this chip.