Quanta LY8

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boosted

Feb 5, 2021
I picked up a Quanta LY8 switch off ebay and this switch powers up and the fans ramp up then fade back down to an idle. After that the switch just flashes all its lights on momentarily and then back off. The light flashing thing happens every 5 minutes or so. None of the SFP+ ports light up when you plug anything into them. Console i get a black screen and the OOB MGMT port doesnt pull an IP so there is no access there.

Is there any saving her or is she dead?

Foray

May 22, 2016
Fans spinning down make it seem like the bootloader is functional, maybe it's missing it's software. Have you tried different baud rates on the console? IIRC u-boot defaults to 115200

Boosted

Feb 5, 2021
Fans spinning down make it seem like the bootloader is functional, maybe it's missing it's software. Have you tried different baud rates on the console? IIRC u-boot defaults to 115200
I have tried 9600 and 115200

MBastian

Jul 17, 2016
Düsseldorf, Germany
Try if you can see any output on the serial console (cat /dev/ttyS.. on Linux)and do an tcpdump on the network interface directly attached to the MGMT interface.
Most likely it comes up with a static default IP, check the manual, you should see at least some ARP stuff and if you're lucky tftpboot attempts.