Recent content by das1996

1. D

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

^^I use veeam. To backup, VM needs to be first shutdown. Two vm's are configured with passthrough,the firewall with a nic and windows htpc with the video card. Both back up (and restore) just fine.
  2. D

Looking for router advice before moving to AT&T fiber

Nice. Got a link to the instructions how to pull the certs off the 210?
  3. D

^^It's pointless to update the gateway fw. It will just pull an update sooner than later again. If you want to do it right, bypass entirely. Look in the uverse subsection on dslreports for how to (or links earlier in this thread).
  4. D

If running bare metal, you need a dumb switch between the ont and pfsense, but 802.1x auth does work. Under esxi no dumb switch is needed. Such was my experience in testing (under esxi).
  5. D

^^You shouldn't be mixing the wpa_supplicant method with netgraph. Get rid of all the netgraph stuff and retest.
  6. D

I tried the netgraph/pfsense method some time ago but don't recall being successful using esxi. I ultimately reverted to the dumb switch method until earlier this year. The certs method become more attainable for a novice. Been using it for a few months now (with utm). Pfsense/certs under...
  7. D

I just checked mine. Vlan id is set to 4095 for the wan port group (along with all security options enabled). 4095 in esxi indicates passing of all vlan ID's.
  8. D

I remember reading a post on dslr where this scenario did indeed work. It had to do configuring the vnic correctly. See this post Re: PFSense RG Bypass with High Availability - AT&T U-verse | DSLReports Forums Also, same user has a working method for sophos utm - ATT Fiber, Sophos UTM full...
  9. D

ESXI 6.5, Windows 10 HTPC sleep mode or idle?

Thus the reason for this thread. With windows running, cpu usage & power consumption is higher. Windows is used for htpc, typically 1-3hrs/day. After more observations, windows cpu usage varies depending what's left open. If I leave a browser open with some tabs, then idle is more like 5-10%...
  10. D

Bare metal OS sleep and one under esxi is not the same thing. Not sure what the power supply has to do with this. Esxi OS is still powered and managing other vm's.
  11. D

ESXi 6.5 installer not seeing USB flash drives

Sorry to bump an old thread but this came up in my search while experiencing the same issue. I successfully installed esxi 6.5 to a 1GB (pny), 2GB (no name), and 32GB (corsair voyager) usb flash drive. I also have an 8gb usb flash from siliconimage (vendor:pid ID 090c:1000). No go with this...
  12. D

One box is serving several functions including running win 10 pro for htpc function. This is used for 1-3 hours most days and some days unused at all. Windows 10 (1803) has the most current updates with further updates fully disabled. At the end of the viewing session (kodi) I can either just...
  13. D

Maybe I missed it, but are you also passing the nvidia hd audio as a separate pci device? If not, then that may be the issue. I didn't see it in your screen shots above, just the video portion in the vm config.
  14. D

Link is a different type of disconnect method than d3d0. I couldn't get the video card to work with link, but it did work with d3d0. See the commented portion of the passthru.map file for explanation of the different reset methods. Also, it goes without saying that esxi reboot is required...
  15. D

Instead of link use d3d0 I added these lines to the end of the passthru.map file ------------- 10de 128b d3d0 false 10de 0e0f d3d0 false -------------------- Adjust the part in blue as per your specific adapter.