Recent content by DarkKnight

1. D

Reverting LSI 9212-4i to IR mode?

Revert your Perc H310 back to it’s Dell firmware SAS2008 (LSI9240/9211) Firmware files These are the links I used for a lot of the instructions involved. Also, restarting between steps was apparently really important. I used firmware files supplied from Dell's website, as I said, however.
  2. D

Reverting LSI 9212-4i to IR mode?

Is this an actual LSI branded card, or a Dell/IBM card? I just did this with a 9211 a week ago. Used firmware directly from Dell's website, and the flash tools found in a zip file on another forum. I couldn't find LSI/Avago's firmware downloads, but it's a Dell card anyway so no harm in using...
  3. D

FS: SOLD [ Please Close]

You know, I think I spent like $1200 just on my Noroco case and 24 port Highpoint controller, nevermind all the drives to fill it out, or the platform I picked up this summer. SMH. This is a great price for that kind of storage folks. Would have saved me over a grand. That said, with the mix...
  4. D

Microsoft Windows 10 Professional $10.14

A lot of these are Bizspark keys. They activate and work for anywhere from 2-8 months then get black listed one day, and your OS deactivates. Real PITA. Same with office. Some places will give you replacement keys, but really what's the point? It's a lot of hassle.
  5. D

BIOS Update Disaster Intel S2600CP2J

Keep in mind that this board takes a long time to initialize. What looked like a hang on the screen was actually it cycling through silent POST. Make sure to watch the LEDs In different places on the board and give it at least 15 seconds per LED state to see if it's stuck. It took a long time...
  6. D

WD 8TB external @ BB for $160

Meh, do what sellers from China do. Mark them as heatsink samples. Chunks of aluminum aren't that expensive. :D
  7. D

(Sold) Intel DC S3700 400GB SSD $179

What are you booting? Many appliances run from a USB stick. If you are using a desktop OS, get a consumer drive, better capacity for your money. This drive is ideal for heavy write server loads. You are paying for write endurance over speed/capacity.
  8. D

FYI, Good news. I unplugged all of my add-in cards, reset BIOS recovery AND ME force update jumpers to 1-2 positions (4 jumpers total) and the damn thing booted up! I'm sitting at a BIOS screen now. Keep in mind, I cycled through several different 1-2/2-3 jumper settings and pulled the CMOS...
  9. D

I really, *really* wish I had seen this flipping thread before I ran my BIOS update just now. Board is stuck at first screen showing BIOS version info. WTF Intel? No sanity checks for incompatible BIOS versions?!
  10. D

Got mine today. While the data for the Lifetime writes is indeed 1200222, it's not LBAs. I'm not sure what the stat is, but it clearly states next to it 37TB written and he could have disclosed that. :rolleyes: Given it's lifespan of 4TB a day for 5 years, it still has plenty of life, but it...
  11. D

Well now you made me feel like I didn't get good deal. Thanks. :rolleyes:
  12. D

Ended: Jul 15, 2017 , 5:34PM You just missed it by 20 min. :eek:
  13. D

On eBay. Seller says total LBAs written are around 1.2M, which is like 1GB so these are basically brand new. Seems like a great deal for a great SSD cache drive. Intel DC S3700 Series 400GB 2.5" SSD SSDSC2BA400G3 6Gb/s solid state drive | eBay
  14. D

FS/FT/WTB/WTT sfbayzfs Pt 2: Supermicro Bargain Bin, Drives, Fans, DOMs Network stuff

Just purchased a SC836 loaded with hardware from @sfbayzfs. Took a week of back and forth to decide on the specifics, but he was very patient with me, gave me a good deal and a lot of help on component choices. Can't wait for it to get here! :D Thanks.
  15. D

Avoid Memorylabs (eBay)

Not 100% sure this fits here, but I wish I had known about this seller before I paid them. Ordered 6x 3TB "New and unused" HGST drives from memorylabs. All items are guaranteed to be in New and Unused condition unless stated otherwise. Upon plugging them into my server, 4 of the 6 drives are...