Microsoft Windows 10 Professional $10.14

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Picmini

Nov 30, 2017
It seems like a very cheap
Windows 10 Professional OEM Key -

Last edited by a moderator:

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
These key MAY work but they are not legal under the EULAs. FYI don't know the rules on this kind of thing being posted but there are plenty of places that have these kinda of keys for dirt cheap and all of them are questionable or worse legally. With that said they will probably activate just fine.

Reactions: Mkvarner

Picmini

Nov 30, 2017
I bought Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 on this site, it works well until now, but I didn't buy windows 10 pro, maybe you can look the reviews, hope it's useful for you.

SeanFi

Aug 7, 2015
Not sure about that seller, but you can get these keys all day and night on eBay, for all sorts of products. Will they activate? Yes. Are they really legit? Most likely not. If you're a home user and don't care that you're at best skirting Microsoft's EULA, they are fine. I wouldn't buy them for business usage; Microsoft audits do happen and I would hate to be caught with illegitimate keys.

I know that at least some businesses claim that the keys they are selling are valid, because they are tied to a motherboard at an undisclosed location that you can come pick up. More likely they are just produced with a key generator or sourced from an educational program or something similar that gives out heavily discounted keys with usage restrictions.

I did get an Office 2013 key from a cheap "reseller" on eBay once, and while it did work, the download link for the installer was not hosted by Microsoft. I've not had any problems with it, but you do have to wonder why the installer or ISO is not hosted by Microsoft.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
I did pick up what looks like Win 7 Pro stickers from scrapped PCs from EBay UK several months ago, they worked ok.

Is Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade still available?

There are sellers on EBay UK selling Win 10 COAs but label says not COA??
Though I recall reading something about Win 10 product key being embedded in bios or something like that, so it is matched with your system components. Which could make it hard to recycle ( you may be allowed 2 further upgrades, but I don't know if it will work with OEM licences?)

PS. If you have previously downloaded Win 10 when upgrade offer was available. Can you still use it to upgrade a Win 7 machine?

SeanFi

Aug 7, 2015
I did pick up what looks like Win 7 Pro stickers from scrapped PCs from EBay UK several months ago, they worked ok.

Is Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade still available?

There are sellers on EBay UK selling Win 10 COAs but label says not COA??
Though I recall reading something about Win 10 product key being embedded in bios or something like that, so it is matched with your system components. Which could make it hard to recycle ( you may be allowed 2 further upgrades, but I don't know if it will work with OEM licences?)

PS. If you have previously downloaded Win 10 when upgrade offer was available. Can you still use it to upgrade a Win 7 machine?
The impression I got was that the laws work slightly differently in the EU, and nothing prevents them from pulling licenses from scrapped machines and selling them. I'm not 100% on that though, so it might not be true.

As for the Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, for the most part the free upgrade period is long over. There was some trick that you could do to still get it if your machine upgraded if it had certain accessibility settings turned on, but it looks like its only good for another month: Here's how to get Windows 10 for free -- until Dec. 31

And I do think that machines that had previously been upgraded from 7 to 10 can now be re-upgraded from 7 to 10 or have a fresh install of 10. When the main offer was good I went to the trouble of upgrading all of my machines to 10 and then reverting just so I'd have the option in the future.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
@SeanFi hit it on what I've heard as well. Nothing in EU stopping ppl from selling keys from scrapped systems, bulk keys, etc... they're on ebay, all over. I would never buy from a site like this instead from ebay + paypal for that protection.

marv

Apr 2, 2015
I think you have to upgrade/activate Win7 key in 1511 or 1607. And then upgrade again/reinstall to current version. Upgrading directly from 7 to 1703/1709 doesnt work (setup will redirect you to buy a license instead of starting upgrade).

Recently I bought COA which seller claimed is new and had to phone activate win7 and after that upgrade to win10 1511. Nothing else would work. Perhaps because I was using Kaby Lake.

hakabe

Jul 6, 2016
I bought a Windows10 Pro on this site at September, they have a good service and the key delivered fast by email.
And you just happen to post your first post in here?

Like in eBay, they tend to send the same key all over again (check it by getting a key with different email), so can't talk much OEM there.

DarkKnight

Jul 21, 2016
A lot of these are Bizspark keys. They activate and work for anywhere from 2-8 months then get black listed one day, and your OS deactivates. Real PITA. Same with office. Some places will give you replacement keys, but really what's the point? It's a lot of hassle.

Reactions: Cybertron

Cybertron

Oct 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
A lot of these are Bizspark keys. They activate and work for anywhere from 2-8 months then get black listed one day, and your OS deactivates. Real PITA. Same with office. Some places will give you replacement keys, but really what's the point? It's a lot of hassle.
This is how I understand it as well. I purchased office and was given a login for some company's microsoft account, as a user of that companies account. I asked if that account would ever go away, and was told they would re-issue another account, etc, etc. If you are able to get a perpetual key without a login, I'm guessing that might work long term, but I don't really understand the current state of microsoft's new online stuff. It's a bit confusing to me personally. I don't deal with it professionally.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
This is how I understand it as well. I purchased office and was given a login for some company's microsoft account, as a user of that companies account. I asked if that account would ever go away, and was told they would re-issue another account, etc, etc. If you are able to get a perpetual key without a login, I'm guessing that might work long term, but I don't really understand the current state of microsoft's new online stuff. It's a bit confusing to me personally. I don't deal with it professionally.
wow.. that's news to me. but i guess there are different ways people are doing this on eBay. the keys I've bought from ebay were just straight up keys in an email. I didn't have to login to any website or anything. I just used the keys to activate, and in some cases, I used the key to upgrade old Win8 or Win7 to Win10. There were a few instances where Win10Home upgrade to Win10Pro didn't work, and i just did a fresh install. when I called Microsoft about it, they told me they were MSDN keys; that's how I know.

keybored

May 28, 2016
Paul's Hardware recommended Kinguin back in 2016 here:
Prices used to be a lot better back then ($20), but you can still get a key for around $35 from them today.
I used them once to upgrade an old Core2 Duo laptop that I use sporadically for internet browsing. The good thing about buying from them is that you actually get an image/scan of the COA sticker and not just an email with a key in it, at least if you buy from one of the larger sellers (Kinguin is just a marketplace).

Status
Not open for further replies.