Recent content by d2000

1. D

Voltaire/Mellanox 4036 firmware update

FYI, update just in case for those who are interested. I finally got around to working on this problem. Interestingly someone referenced this thread on the mellanox forum. Mellanox Voltaire 4036 VLT-3011s way to reflash... | Mellanox Interconnect Community I didn't realize there was a way to...
  2. D

Voltaire/Mellanox 4036 Unable to CLI

I suggest using minicom if you have a mac or linux. Putty never did it for me. Just make sure you change the connection to 38400 rather then the default. I was able to see with a regular null cable. With an issue like that it probably be good if you can see everything from the boot process.
  3. D

Power supplies for c6220 and c6100

Hanss, I'm not that DYI enough to attempt something like that. Spiffster, I have been testing with the c6100 powersupplies and it seems to work fine. I think it should be good enough. Now whether to sell the old PS or not. I haven't really fully tested it though as I don't have enough...
  4. D

Infiniband: voltaire 9024m console cable?

I manage to get this working with a typical serial cable with a serial to usb converter. One thing that caught me is off guard is that you cannot use the typical setting like with cisco. By this I mean the settings within minicom (which I use). I can't remember at the top of my head what the...
  5. D

Mine is a paper weight as well. Sad as I bought 4 CPUs for it. Anyway, I don't think that PS will work. But I believe I found the right one. (PS-2112-5D DELL POWER SUPPLY 1200W 80 PLUS PLATINUM HOT PLUG FOR DELL) but it is a bit spendy as you can see. I have the c6100's PS arriving tomorrow...
  6. D

Fs: Dell x53df dual port 10ge mezzanine card

Freshly pulled from a c6220. I have 4 of them. Put them on ebay for 195 each but I welcome offers.
  7. D

Does anyone know if I can use the c6100 power supply which 1100watt with c6220? I can't seem to confirm the right power supply for a c6220. The one I purchased came with 1400watt but it required 200-240v. I looked at the manual and found that the 1200watt required 120v so I would be able to...
  8. D

WTB: c6220 1200watt PS

Hi, I just found out unfortunately that the 1400 watt PS that comes with the c6220 only does 200-240v. The 1200watt does 110-240. Does anyone have any to sell for a reasonable price? I am willing to trade in the dual 1400watt that I got now. Thanks
  9. D

3.5 to 2.5 adapter for c2100, c6220, c6100 trays?

Thanks but I've already bought a set of 30 of these from ebay so I should be good for a long time.
  10. D

Thanks dba. I've decided to go with WD Icepack and won an ebay auction where someone was selling a set of 30 icepacks. This should be good enough SSDs for my project. Aluminum, thanks for the post. Unfortunately I think all the server trays I use are screwed in from the sides. But its...
  11. D

hi dba. I was hoping to avoid the icydocks and icepack. Do they work well for you? I've had badluck with icydocks before and I think these types of enclosure is somewhat redundant since they add an extra electronic layer. Of course they're a bit spendy as well. I am hoping to find the type...
  12. D

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone know if there's an adapter for those. Like an official adapter. I know there's one called 9W8C4 but it seems to be for older models of the tray. I was wondering if there isn't, has anyone tried one of those cheap adapters on the internet. I don't want to...
  13. D

Dell C6100/C2100/C1100 Components (A Few C6100 Servers)

JBushOptio, Could you please check your PM ;)
  14. D

Thanks Adrian, I was going to mention that I did open the switch earlier in the day to check myself. I was hoping it was a CF because that probably would have made my life much easier. I have also looked at the manual, previously as well. All the commands I find in there are commands...
  15. D

Hi Mark, I have been unable to login to the switch since the upgrade. I understand when you say I can upgrade from within the console but since I am unable to login period, I can't really do anything. This is why I've been trying to do this from outside the console during the secondary boot...