Recent content by Caleb

1. C

Proxmox ve with Glusterfs step by step note

I was between cephfs and glusterfs... however the more I research glusterfs for bulk storage, the more I like it. I am considering setting up glusterfs on my Proxmox cluster and using an arbiter. Do you have any experience with arbiters in glusterfs? How stable has your build been?
  2. C

new epyc proxmox build with samba4 dc

I do not follow what you are stating... Xeon Silver does not provide NUMA?
  3. C

new epyc proxmox build with samba4 dc

Why Epyc instead of Xeon Silver or Gold?
  4. C

Server Cable Management (SM and others)

Is the preferred method for cable management still lacing bars with zip ties?
  5. C

Taking the plunge with Google Project Fi - My Experiences from a 15+ year AT&T Customer

I currently have T-Mobile as my cellular provider. I am interested in transitioning to Project Fi, however have a few questions: 1. How does the phone switch between T-mobile, Spring & US Cellular - is it seamless or does it require an intervention, e.g. reboot? 2. Is phone hotspot usage...
  6. C

High Endurance M.2 (SATA not NVMe) SSD?

What will this drive be used for?
  7. C

can I switch from IR->IT firmware with ZFS on Linux? [ANSWER=YES]

I did this in the past.... didn't realize it would possibly be a problem. It worked out okay to my knowledge.
  8. C

Managing multiple UniFi sites

I have used the ssh-inform command with good results. I host my parents and siblings unifi products on my homelab unifi controller. I would definitely consider using a VPS in the cloud if this is for production.
  9. C

PVE Cluster using UNAS 810A

Did you passthrough a NIC for pfSense on Proxmox? I tried not using a dedicated NIC for pfSense WAN, but it kept killing my cluster (corosync).
  10. C

Ceph SSD Recommendations

I know the Intel models, i.e. dc s3500 & dc s3700, what are the Samsung models to watch? Anyone see decent deals on eBay? Historically, I have purchased drives when marked on the good deals section of this thread, but so few in the past few months. Do you run the Micron drive in a ceph pool...
  11. C

Ceph SSD Recommendations

Hey gang, I am looking at acquiring another round of 3 SSDs for my 3-node PVE+ceph environment. I am struggling to find any information recommended this or that SSD excluding Intel dc S3700, which are difficult to come by at this time for a fair price on eBay. I had a trio of Samsung 840 Pro...
  12. C

EU WTB: Supermicro A1SRi-2758F

Are you still in the market? => nvm. Missed EU.
  13. C

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Please send me an invite. I will use Docker on top of Win10. Thanks!
  14. C

EthOS install

Possible this may help: ethOS Mining OS
  15. C

RAM Check on Xeon Silver Build

Thank you dude! I had originally ordered the Supermicro heat sink, but it came with a broken clip on the plastic. Went to RMA it with Newegg and it was out of stock. Multiple searches showed zero stock, but thankfully I eventually found the Supermicro online store had it in stock. Good to...