Ceph SSD Recommendations

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Caleb

Nov 16, 2015
Hey gang,

I am looking at acquiring another round of 3 SSDs for my 3-node PVE+ceph environment. I am struggling to find any information recommended this or that SSD excluding Intel dc S3700, which are difficult to come by at this time for a fair price on eBay. I had a trio of Samsung 840 Pro disks but the latency was killer... anyone had luck with Crucial MX500 or WD Blue SSDs?

Thanks!

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
If SAS or NVMe is not an option only intel and Samsung really make sata enterprise SSD.
Crucial and WD consumer SSD will be just like Samsung consumer versions. Don’t waste your time.

Reactions: BackupProphet

Caleb

Nov 16, 2015
If SAS or NVMe is not an option only intel and Samsung really make sata enterprise SSD.
Crucial and WD consumer SSD will be just like Samsung consumer versions. Don’t waste your time.
I know the Intel models, i.e. dc s3500 & dc s3700, what are the Samsung models to watch? Anyone see decent deals on eBay?

Historically, I have purchased drives when marked on the good deals section of this thread, but so few in the past few months.

Micron? I have a Micron 5100 Pro 960GB
Do you run the Micron drive in a ceph pool?

Thanks!