Proxmox ve with Glusterfs step by step note

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

thx0701tw

Dec 2, 2016
www.linkedin.com
Add sources list
"nano /etc/apt/sources.list
deb [arch=amd64] Index of /pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/Debian/stretch/amd64/apt stretch main"

Increase the key
"wget -O - https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.13/rsa.pub | apt-key add -"

Set zpool Type:
"zfs set acltype=posixacl RAID/DATA"

Setup nano / etc / hosts increase gluster fs ip:
"10.0.1.50 pve-gf 10.0.1.51 pve2-gf"

Installation Kit:
"apt install glusterfs-server"

Binding machine:
"gluster peer probe 10.0.1.50 gluster peer probe 10.0.1.51"

Gluster status command
"gluster peer status"

Status show
"Number of Peers: 2 Hostname: pve Uuid: afffc8___________7345f9d5 State: Peer in Cluster (Connected) Hostname: pve2 Uuid: a62____________e9f9f1d State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)"

Create a directory copy mode:
"gluster volume create DATA transport tcp replica 2 r730-gf:/RAID/DATA r230-gf:/RAID/DATA force"

Enabled Glusterfs
"gluster volume start DATA"

Set storage pool:

”gluster volume set DATA performance.cache-size 256MB gluster volume set DATA network.ping-timeout 5 gluster volume set DATA cluster.server-quorum-type server gluster volume set DATA cluster.quorum-type fixed gluster volume set DATA cluster.quorum-count 2 gluster volume set DATA cluster.eager-lock on gluster volume set DATA network.remote-dio enable gluster volume set DATA cluster.eager-lock enable gluster volume set DATA performance.stat-prefetch off gluster volume set DATA performance.io-cache off gluster volume set DATA performance.read-ahead off gluster volume set DATA performance.quick-read off gluster volume set DATA performance.readdir-ahead on "

After the completion of the Web GUI to save the new GlusterFS can be used

Add a new storage pool, you need to manually hit the name of the storage pool and the server / server order will not mount:

In R730 ( node 1 ) above, enter on the map. And to R230 (note 2 )above, the order of two to exchange play.

Caleb

Nov 16, 2015
I was between cephfs and glusterfs... however the more I research glusterfs for bulk storage, the more I like it. I am considering setting up glusterfs on my Proxmox cluster and using an arbiter. Do you have any experience with arbiters in glusterfs? How stable has your build been?