Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
Thanks for the replies guys. Worth noting I'm based in Australia so many sellers (unfortunately) won't ship to me.
Happy to help out if you get it sent to me and I’ll send it on to you via usps.
im an Aussie living in Silicon Valley

wallysimmonds

Mar 7, 2016
Thanks zer0sum, that's very kind - will see what I can get and might hit you up. I've recently rediscovered this thread and I have to say it's not looking great for my wallet (in a good way!)

On another note, I know that many people don't like buying from Chinese sellers due to counterfeits. I've bought a couple of V2's from there before and they were fine - guess I got lucky? Or is more memory/graphics card etc that are the issue?

ske4za

Feb 4, 2019
Picked one of these up. Now need to get a relatively inexpensive V4 chip and some ram...
Same here. For posterity he accepted a $130 BO last week for one with no problem, probably could've gone lower based on what I've read in this thread. Haven't received it yet, but I'll have to get a CPU as well. I think I can scrounge up some DDR4 from work just to test before I buy some.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
For posterity he accepted a $130 BO last week for one with no problem, probably could've gone lower based on what I've read in this thread.
I wound up with $128.98. Whoever was taking my bids was only coming down $2 at a time and I gave up with two counters left available. I didn't want them to get tired of the game and decline over what looked to be another $4 off at best. With a couple exceptions, looks like most folks are getting for $125-135 at best.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Got my board today. Great packing, as others have said already. There's some flakes of dried TIM that look to have flaked off into and between the socket pins though. Not sure if I should try to blow them out with air, try to tease them out with a pin, or?? The ones on the top of the pins ought to be easy,but some have worked their way between and underneath the pins.

Anyone have a preferred method?

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Canned air blown in the direction the pins are flowing, if its stuck good and you have to, use the smallest needle you can find to dislodge then blow out is my method.

Reactions: Markess

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Had the same problem. Just lightly blew on the socket and they were gone. I would have use canned air if needed.

Reactions: Markess

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Luckily most of the stuff that is around it is the POS quality stuff thats about 5+ years old, so it doesn't smear, goop or stick much as long as you're careful.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Luckily most of the stuff that is around it is the POS quality stuff thats about 5+ years old, so it doesn't smear, goop or stick much as long as you're careful.
Yeah, blowing with the grain worked great. Decided to use my low pressure line, which is little more than blowing by mouth, and that's all it took.

Still getting it ready to fire up and start updating/testing, but i took a break to do some more research into GPUs for transcoding. Still not sure I need one, but there's a guy locally with a P620 NIB for about $80, so thought I'd try to decide if I could use it or not.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Does anyone know what the JPSAS1 jumper (located between the chipset and LSI 3008 heatsinks) does? The manual says JPS1 (in the jumper block between the last PCIE slot and the USB Headers) enables/disables the LSI 3008, but doesn't mention what JPSAS1 does at all.

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Has anyone gotten IPMI working with a GPU installed?
I'm assuming it can only screen view with the integrated screen view and not a dedicated GPU.

Am I missing the settings to tell it to default to the built in vs the GPU or is IPMI not an option with a GPU installed?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I actually just bought five Xeon E5-2603 V3 CPUs for $80 and was excited to see V3's prices come down.

Reactions: Fritz

YuanyangX

May 17, 2019
WA, USA
Has anyone gotten IPMI working with a GPU installed?
I'm assuming it can only screen view with the integrated screen view and not a dedicated GPU.

Am I missing the settings to tell it to default to the built in vs the GPU or is IPMI not an option with a GPU installed?
I don't have this but usually the motherboards like this should have options inside BIOS which can be forced to use "IPMI GPU" at lease before OS fully booted.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
@Spartacus I'll need to test the display & IPMI on this board. I used IPMI to install Ubuntu 18.04 and then started using xrdp from my desktop. I struggled with this issue and gave up on X10SRA-F with GTX-1060 in it. IIRC, I think X10SRA has a jumper as well as BIOS settings. Haven't tried this board with graphics card and monitor.

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Well its headless and trying to keep it that way, at least ipmi power controls are still available. I looked through the bios but couldnt find what i was looking for. I’ll have to plug up a monitor again and have a second look.