x9drl-f7 onboard 2208 flash (IT) problems

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

david.t

Nov 27, 2017
Hi

I hoping to flash my onboard LSI2208 (x9drl-f7) following this guide;
Flashing LSI 2208 with IT firmware to use as an HBA - My Wired House

I had a hickup @;
megarec -readspd 0 smc2208.spd

its giving me an error code (16XXX something)

Figured I move on with the guide ( I got no clue what the above step is doing anyway... >_<)

So moving on I saved the SAS address, ran the writebr empty.bin and ran the cleanflash cmd.

Rebooting the computer the LSI controller doesnt show up on boot ( guessing thats normal at this stage).

Now is where I ran in to trouble. I can't flash the card with sas2flash. Megarec still lists the card but sas2flash doesn't. And I've tried EFI 11 and 20, tried 4 different DOS versions.

Any ideas?

vanfawx

Jan 4, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
I've used those instructions successfully on a 9270-8i, however I used DOS instead of UEFI. Reading in the SPD and SBR is for recovery purposes if you want to go back to it being a MegaRAID card again. If you have no intention of going back, you can skip those steps.

The following 2 commands wipe the flash off of the card.

megarec -writesbr 0 empty.bin
megarec -cleanflash 0

Then reboot and the card should show with sas2flsh in DOS. I think I still have my collection of files to do this, and could share them with you.

Cheers!

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Dos sas2flsh from P14 or before should work after
megarec -cleanflash <controller#>

I had come across a post that
megarec -writesbr <sbrfile> <controller#>
was needed after cleanflash (not before). I've always done it before the cleanflash.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Black6spdZ

Mar 7, 2018
procedure worked fine on my 9271-4i and adapter is recognized by both megarec and sas2flsh but the damn buzzer will not shut off now! anyone run into this?

Black6spdZ

Mar 7, 2018
OK, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a flash problem before I do the same and remove it