Who still mining?

Discussion in 'Cryptocurrency Mining and Markets' started by marcoi, Apr 1, 2018.

1. myalias

myalias New Member

When I looked at Mondero previously it wasn't profitable for my existing hardware, but the recent difficulty change changes that. So I'm going to jump in.

2. Godfr33

Godfr33 Member

LOL. Whatcha thinking now!! I can’t stop laughing at these posts of yours 1 month later!!

Haha

3. Godfr33

Godfr33 Member

4. mstone

mstone Active Member

I'm still amused people think this will continue. Tulips also had up days and down days, but they've been pretty flat for a while.

5. Godfr33

Godfr33 Member

I had to check on you my friend!!

But those tulips planted last month are blooming pretty well I’d say.

All in good humor! I will add that when this does end, I hope you sold your house and jet skis because the “killers” I told you about are going to take us for a nastier ride than 2008!!

6. maze

maze Active Member

Funny thing.. my Antminer A3 went from doing like 5-6k siacoin a day to now doing like 200 .... fml :(

Danish power rates are around $0.35 / kwh.. so you guys shouldnt complain :)

7. Night Shade

Night Shade New Member

New to the forum but been mining for a couple years. Started off with a RX480 I got from some Christmas cash on Zcash and was able to buy a MoBo, CPU and RAM using the proceeds. Was working a little bit and with the last paycheck I bought a GTX1080 for about 519. Kept mining with that mainly and was able to purchase a second and eventually a third. May not be mining a lot longer as even at .10 /kwh I am actually mining at a loss but since it is winter time and my place is all electric anyway I may as well keep it going and make a few cents while heating the house. Currently running BTG on that rig and throwing my desktop with the RX480 onto RVN when it is extra cold along with some XMR on the CPU of my desktop and server.

Have been able to cash out ALL of my initial investment and a couple bucks on top of that plus have 3GTX 1080's A decent gaming motherboard with a pentium cpu and 8GB of ddr4 ram to drop into it. If I only make back half of what I pay in electricity I am still making money until it starts to warm up again. Hopefully by then prices will come back up a bit.

vv111y and Monoman like this.
  8. marcoi

marcoi Well-Known Member

Anyone notice if mining profitable again?

9. Joel

Joel Active Member

It seems to be trending that direction again but I sold off 95% of my gear. Profitability is certainly not high enough to get me excited about buying gear again. ~$.50 profit per day for GTX 1060s.

Might be worth turning on what you have though...

10. funkywizard

funkywizard mmm.... bandwidth.

Looks like just barely, if you have cheap power and already own the gear.

Whattomine says roughly $1.50 / day for a 1080ti.

11. marcoi

marcoi Well-Known Member

I still have a vega 64 and 1080 ti card plus to two 1050 cards. I might wait till i get solar at the house so i dont pay for electricity. Here in FL summer heat causes the AC to run a lot and my electric bill going to be high already and i want to avoid adding more.

12. funkywizard

Can run the hardware outdoors?

13. marcoi

marcoi Well-Known Member

its like flood season here, with daily sideways rain, so i dont think i want to take the risk.
    Im hoping when im fully solar to add a mini split AC to the bedroom aka server room, then i can run whatever i want in there.

14. T_Minus

T_Minus Moderator

What's your kWH $ rate there in FL?

How many watts of solar are you doing?

15. marcoi

marcoi Well-Known Member

With Duke energy as provider, taxes etc added my average KWH rate is .15 cents. Not as high as New England but still higher then i expected for FL.

Solar plan is 20KW with 4 Tesla powerwalls. Originally i was planning for 25KW but that required Duke to upgrade their infrastructure which has a minimum of 2 years wait with no guarantee of completion.

Patrick likes this.
  16. T_Minus

T_Minus Moderator

NIce! Not to derail too much here but Wow.... Where exactly are you installing 20KW of panels?

17. marcoi

marcoi Well-Known Member

Here is the diagram. 61 Panasonic sc325 panels. My house roof gets crazy sun being it faces mostly south. The MP6 is solar for pool in case you were wondering.

upload_2019-6-24_11-2-12.png

T_Minus likes this.
  18. T_Minus

T_Minus Moderator

Amazing you can fit that many panels on your roof! Lucky :D My roof is too steep and not enough (2 story), and finding space for 4kW is a challenge where it wont be tree shaded easily :/ hoping to hit 10kW next year. Really wish I could do as much as you that's awesome :D

19. marcoi

marcoi Well-Known Member

Originally I had like 75-80 panels for over 25kw lol. Florida homes seem built for solar installs.

I'll start another thread when it gets installed. which with the wait from the utility company its going to easily be another 6 plus months. Side note, at 20 kw the utility company requires an additional 1Million insurance on the house. Costs about 270 a year for that policy.

Patrick likes this.
  20. funkywizard

What are we mining these days?

I've started up on BEAM