What's the deal with Avoton?

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by anoother, Jul 5, 2017.

1. anoother

anoother Member

I'm interested in getting an Avoton board for general NAS duties. Was just wondering what the status of these boards is, now the CPU defect has been out in the open for a few months.

If I buy a new board, can I expect that it'll have been 'fixed' (either by the board-level mod or new stepping)?

If I buy a used board, will the manufacturer perform the fix when it does break (or preferably before)? Or am I on my own?

Particularly interested in the ASRock boards due to 4 DIMM slots in ITX form-factor.

Also, does Avoton support 16GB UDIMMs?

2. StammesOpfer

StammesOpfer Active Member

Anything new from an authorized source should be fine. Outside of that I have a Supermicro that I bought used here and RMA'd it to Supermicro they cross shipped a brand new board to me.