What kind of HDD to order for Datto S3B3000

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

asdfasd

Jun 12, 2023
Hi
long term lurker, new member of the forum here. can I get some advise on what kind of HDD to order for a datto s3b3000? Does it take SAS or SATA? also what is the maximum capacity for storage on this thing. The official documentation says 3TB which seems like outdated info...

Reactions: Samir

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Disclaimer: I am no Datto expert, so I could easily be wrong here.

That said, as far as I can tell, you have the model with the Gigabyte made motherboard, which does not have a SAS controller, so I assume you need SATA drives.

Regarding capacity, I would not be surprised if there is a software based limiter if you are using Datto's software, it seems that capacity is a key differentiator between different models, so it seems likely that you are somehow limited by that: https://www.datto.com/resource-downloads/SIRIS_3_Specs_US.pdf

Of course if you are using something like Truenas, there should be no such limit.

Reactions: asdfasd and Samir

asdfasd

Jun 12, 2023
Just coming back here to update that it does take sata. And i used truenas scale with 4x4TB drives successfully.

Reactions: RTM