EXPIRED Western Digital DC SA620 1.6tb $145 or buyer's offer

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
Sorry to bump an old thread. Figured it made more sense than creating a whole new one.

Same drive is available for $80. I'm in the market for ~4 of this capacity and wondering how it would stack up to S3510 which is available for slightly less at qty 4.

1665021786575.png

Last edited:

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
Sorry to bump an old thread. Figured it made more sense than creating a whole new one.

Same drive is available for $80. I'm in the market for ~4 of this capacity and wondering how it would stack up to S3510 which is available for slightly less at qty 4.

View attachment 24724

I bought 2 before the chia mining. But after chia mining, I will not try these drives from this seller.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
I bought 2 before the chia mining. But after chia mining, I will not try these drives from this seller.
I wouldn't trust it either since the description doesn't say much. But at least the seller does accept returns. I pinged him for some stats and more information. I might give it a go and grab 4 depending on what he says. If they don't meet expectations / whatever he promises I'll return them. I've been looking for some SATA SSD for raw storage on my NAS anyway.

I'll let you guys know.

Reactions: Samir

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
By the way, the "smartmontools" is able to read the SMART info for this model. I don't know it began from which version, but pretty sure the current version from Debian 11's repo can do.

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
FWIW, the S3510 seller accepted an offer for 4 @ $70 ea. I regret making this offer as I read the S3510 has poor endurance @ .3 DWPD where the WD SA640 is rated at .6 DWPD.

I ended up getting some S3710 1.2TB for $110 ea and Micron 5100 MAX 1.6TB for $125 ea and plan to return the S3510s.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
By the way, the "smartmontools" is able to read the SMART info for this model. I don't know it began from which version, but pretty sure the current version from Debian 11's repo can do.
I also use a tool called Victoria HDD/SSD that's available on MediCAT Windows 10 Live boot. I used that to scan a spinning rust I bought yesterday. and found a few bad sectors.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I also use a tool called Victoria HDD/SSD that's available on MediCAT Windows 10 Live boot. I used that to scan a spinning rust I bought yesterday. and found a few bad sectors.
Mind sharing your medicat zips/iso? I can't seem to find any to download that aren't spammy/shady and the originals say that they're over quota. :(

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
Mind sharing your medicat zips/iso? I can't seem to find any to download that aren't spammy/shady and the originals say that they're over quota. :(

It has an option of torrent.
MediCat USB - A Multiboot Linux USB for PC Repair here you go. The official thread. If you use the MediCat installer option then there is one portion that requires you to turn off your antivirus temporarily. It's a false positive, but if you want to be extra safe, prepare the usb drive in a VM. The medicat usb drive will also trigger antivirus false positive if you mount it in an operating system with an active av scanner.

Here are discussions about the false positives: Search results for query: false positive

I've been using this for a few years now. I've used it for resetting passwords, disk health scanning, and raid recovery.

Last edited:

Glock24

May 13, 2019
I recently got a Cloudspeed Eco Gen II 1.92TB for @
$120, had firmware zr03 but zr11 was available. I could not update it in Windows, but was easily done in Linux.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
I wouldn't trust it either since the description doesn't say much. But at least the seller does accept returns. I pinged him for some stats and more information. I might give it a go and grab 4 depending on what he says. If they don't meet expectations / whatever he promises I'll return them. I've been looking for some SATA SSD for raw storage on my NAS anyway.

I'll let you guys know.
Yea this seller isn't responding. Definitely a no go.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018

Glock24

May 13, 2019
Hmm I looked up this drive and it looks like Server Parts Deal has them for $109, refurbished though. They don't mention what "Seller Refurbished" entails. SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco Gen. II SDLF1CRR-019T-1HA1 1.92TB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" SSD
The one I got was practically new, 100% health with only a few GBs written and like 20 power on hours.

The seller has increased the price.