Watch out for iElectronic_Traditional ebay seller

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

malloot

Oct 24, 2013
They sold me damaged but 100% working and tested AMD epyc cpu's they turn out not to be tested and not 100% working at all. We had motherboards coming our way to test the cpu's they came just outside the 30 day return limit and the seller completly refuses to take any resposibilty for the damaged CPU's and directly launches an attack on us, calling us return fraud abusers and saying the CPU's should be tested on a different non 2S system, we tested on a 1S system and they say that system isn't commonly used we should use a different system... they just keep moving the goal every time and want us to drop it.

Of the 3 cpu's we ordered one was DOA, one works with only 4 ram slots, the other with 5 out of 8. They knew this was the case, looking back I ingored many red flags from this seller before purchase becuase they are pretty good at avoiding awnsering your questions while making it look like they did awnser it...

They just wanted to take the deal and see if they could make money. They also showed me screenshots of another buyer with broken CPU's and said, look this guy is also doing return fraud all our cpu's work except for you two so you are the fraudsters. Typical role reversal scammers use.

I have years of Ebay experience, bought 300k+ in items and have yet to see such nasty and decietfull behaviour from an Ebay seller. Actually have great experience with Chinese sellers so far and they even did warrenty and support questions far after support periods in a friendly and nice manner.These guys also continously attempt to take things off platform, offering to enable buying more at a discount to make up for the lost items as well.

3500$ down the drain, we will recover of course, just want to make sure people know about the practices of these guys.

malloot

Oct 24, 2013
What are damaged but 100% working CPU's?
Skratches on the CPU heatspreader and PCB edges are damage that do not impact use, they were sold as ebay catagory Used

• Used: The item was previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but it is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections
It also included in the description they were tested...

Reactions: Samir

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I must have always been lucky, never had any issues with the ielectronic_<alteratethis> guys.

Hazily2019

Jan 10, 2023
AMD EPYC Procs get fused to the OEM they are taken off from ... so often if the CPU is taken off from an Dell, HPE or Lenovo system -- they will work on another Dell, HPE or Lenovo ... they can't mix CPUs across OEMs ... i had that done to me, but luckily in my favor - the buyer agreed to what they did ... tested the CPU on a HPE machine and then on a Lenovo box ...

Reactions: Sacrilego and Samir

cyprus

Aug 4, 2015
I had a similar issue recently with a seller and counterfeit hardware.
eBay was less than helpful and ended up doing a chargeback

Reactions: Samir

bayleyw

Jan 8, 2014
Can you link to the listings you purchased? ielectronic_traditional is a pretty OK albeit typically sleazy Chinese seller with good prices so if he is outright fabricating his listings the community deserves to know. On the other hand, I've definitely seen people tell half the story on forums and social media in an attempt to pressure sellers to e.g. let them keep the item and provide a refund (I'm not saying the OP is doing this, just that this is a thing that happens).

If the item was listed as "used" on eBay but the listing said there was damage then honestly it's a gray zone. Rather than complaining on the internet you would be better off opening a chargeback with your card - I believe in this case your card provider will agree with the overarching eBay categories and return your money.

Reactions: Samir and bvd

cyprus

Aug 4, 2015
Meaning claiming through the credit card and the bank?
Yes
The seller admitted through Ebay messages that the hardware was from a less than reliable source and that screen shot was enough for amex to issue a refund. I gave them almost 2 weeks to follow up for return shipping and never heard back.

Reactions: Patriot and Samir

malloot

Oct 24, 2013
Can you link to the listings you purchased? ielectronic_traditional is a pretty OK albeit typically sleazy Chinese seller with good prices so if he is outright fabricating his listings the community deserves to know. On the other hand, I've definitely seen people tell half the story on forums and social media in an attempt to pressure sellers to e.g. let them keep the item and provide a refund (I'm not saying the OP is doing this, just that this is a thing that happens).

If the item was listed as "used" on eBay but the listing said there was damage then honestly it's a gray zone. Rather than complaining on the internet you would be better off opening a chargeback with your card - I believe in this case your card provider will agree with the overarching eBay categories and return your money.
I actually didn't think of a charge back on cc, might still attempt this.

I wouldn't have minded this issue if the seller took some form of responsibility and send anything useful as a way to compensate. Instead they just kept poining the finger to us as the issue, this was the straw for me to post here. Complaining on the Internet isn't very useful to me, not to pressure the seller nor to get back my time and money. It's more about warning others that these guys are pretty shady when issues arrive.

bayleyw

Jan 8, 2014
Can you please link the item you purchased? It would help inform your fellow forum users - as I mentioned above ielectronic_traditional is a pretty prominent eBay vendor so if they are in fact blatantly pawning off broken CPUs as working that is something we should all know, but on the other hand, some of the Chinese vendors can be pretty fast and loose reconciling the official eBay "item condition" tag with their listing text.