Used Samsung PM1725 - What to check/test?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

manubit

Sep 14, 2017
I bought 1.6TB Dell version of PM1725 HHHL SSD last week for use with Ubuntu. Dell specifications - Dell PowerEdge Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD Adapter User’s Guide.
nvme-cli shows 1PB written, so still 13PB endurance left. badblocks didn't find anything wrong. What else should I check/test?
There is surprisingly little information about this model. Only thing I could get from Samsung is this flyer - https://www.samsung.com/us/labs/pdfs/collateral/pm1725-ProdOverview-2015.pdf - which doesn't even list 1.6TB HHHL version. How can I benchmark its read/write speed and IOPS in Ubuntu?

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Use fio for the benchmark. You could also use iometer

If you bought new, then 1PB is too much to be called new. If you bought used, it'll be fine.

manubit

Sep 14, 2017
Use fio for the benchmark. You could also use iometer

If you bought new, then 1PB is too much to be called new. If you bought used, it'll be fine.
Thanks for the suggestions. Ran fio with random job files found via Google. Not an expert on this, but numbers looked good. Couldn't use iometer as it requires Windows or Wine.
The drive was sold to me as used. So, no issue there.

Anyone know if there is a way to make it bootable?