Upgrade storage switch to 40Gbps

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itvietnam

Feb 19, 2018
Viet Nam
www.vHost.vn
Hi,

I'm preapare to upgrade our switch from 10Gbps to 40Gbps

After many research i see Arista 7050QX-32S is good to me. I have some question need to clarify, does this switch included OS already? or i have to get license to get it running?

NIC card: base on this topic i can see NIC "649281-B21" is compatible for Arista 7050 (not sure which model detail), so is this nic card ok and can it support 40Gbps?

Which cable DAC 40Gbps support for this NIC 649281-B21?

Can we run vLAG for 2 switch to utilize active-active mode and using 80Gbps (assume 1 server has 2 port, each port connect to each switch, both switch combined in vLAG mode).

Thanks,

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
If you buy them on ebay, most have Arista's OS already.

NIC sure. DACs are pretty easy in this setup.

vLAG the issue you'll run into is that the cards support maximum around 56gbps due to PCIe gen3 x8 bandwidth. So you'd need a second card to get a full 80

Reactions: itvietnam

itvietnam

Feb 19, 2018
Viet Nam
www.vHost.vn
DACs are pretty easy in this setup.
Can you recommend some DAC 3m compatible with this card, due to shipping take 2-3 weeks to send to our location. So this can minimize due to wrong pick cable.

PCIe gen3 x8 bandwidth.
I forgot this point, thanks for remind me. This NIC card can support maximum 40Gbps in Eth mode only (IB 56Gbps), so both port on the same NIC can increase 1.5 speed at least. And redundancy of course.