U-NAS NSC-800, E3-1230v3, E3C224D4I, 2xSSD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

matt_garman

Feb 7, 2011
Hi Matt

How do you have the case fans managed? Are they set to smart fan in the BIOS? As just found this thread https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...LfhkhN9us6bJYDFrg&sig2=p45A36oAPAxOd7TuaoIW5g
I have all fans set to manual, full on.

I did briefly dabble with the smart fan setting for the CPU fan, and indeed the fan didn't run---until there was load. That somewhat makes sense to me as I'm willing to bet that the CPU, in its least-power state, can be adequately cooled passively.

But, for my purposes, I keep the machine in a closet, and don't care about noise, and having the fans set to full on just seems simpler to me.

tekkenly

Feb 26, 2014
thanks for your excellent post, i bought this case and made a small home server in it.

My board is asrock c2750d4i, which has 4 sata2 and 8 sata3 ports, and this box can fix 8 3.5 hdds and 4 2.5 ssds, perfectly matched.

for this case i just want to add some information about how to fit 4 ssds in it.
1, at the right side of this box, you can fix one 2.5 ssd in
2, if you do not use a too long pcie card, you can put 3 ssds instead 2 ssds in this post (because i have enough sata ports on mobo, so i put a 10gbe pcie card in)

a little more info for c2750d4i
1, every thing works under nas4free 9.2
2, the 4 sata ports controled by marvell 9230 seems do not support hot plug, other 8 ports works fine. so i use the 4 ports for ssd which do not need hot swap.

mark82

Jun 23, 2014
Hi there. I have the same case and power supply, and I do not know how to mount it because the screws do not fit into the housing and the power supply is too short to reach the holes to support the back. How do you do it?

matt_garman

Feb 7, 2011
Hi there. I have the same case and power supply, and I do not know how to mount it because the screws do not fit into the housing and the power supply is too short to reach the holes to support the back. How do you do it?
The case accepts a 1U-sized power supply. You'll need to purchase a bracket to make that power supply fit the mounting hole pattern.

Yes, the PSU is too short to mount anywhere but the back of the chassis (i.e. there will be some torque due to this mounting style).

I don't have a link handy but I bought my brackets for $5 each off eBay. If not in this thread, I'm pretty sure a link has been provided somewhere on the forums here.