TP-Link TL-SH1832 Review Cheapest 24x 2.5GbE and 8x 10GbE Switch with a Catch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bryan_v

Nov 5, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
www.linkedin.com
OMG. This is the switch I have been searching for the past 18 months but this switch is impossible to find outside of Taobao! (Spent the last 10 min trolling AliExpress)

@Patrick if you or Rohit has a second, can you see if you can find the link to the AliExpress seller?

Ironically, I have the PoE version, which is the only 2.5G switch with 10G uplinks TP-Link sells in the North American market, and have been super-frustrated I no one makes a non-PoE 2.5G switch with 10G uplinks.

Last edited:

gallifreyan

Mar 2, 2014
Sunnyvale, CA
rsts11.com
I would love to see a version of this upgraded for Omada SDN. But I would probably buy it as it sits when it comes to the US market. I'm currently using a MS510TX-PP both for mgig/10gig and for extra mgig PoE.

@bryan_v do you have the SG3210XHP? Or is there a higher port count version?

bryan_v

Nov 5, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
www.linkedin.com
It's a TL-SG3210XHP-M2. So 8x 2.5G PoE+ ports and 2x 10G SFP+ ports with a Noctua fan mod. It's powering EAP660 HD APs, which works great, however for the other 14 ports in the house, using multiple PoE switches just to get 2.5G is a little overkill.

The only other option is to grab a USW-EnterpriseXG-24 which is a 10G switch w/25G uplinks, which might be the eventual endpoint depending on which happens first, either TP-Link gets a 10G/25G managed switch, or UniFi releases a Wifi7 AP with 10G uplink.