today only: Netgear ProSAFE 10Gb XS708E

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CJRoss

May 31, 2017
What am I missing out on if I get this switch instead of the XS708T? Will it hinder me down the road?

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
What am I missing out on if I get this switch instead of the XS708T? Will it hinder me down the road?
The XS708e has one SFP+ port shared with Port 8 10G-BaseT so you can use one or the other, the XS708T has two SFP+ ports shared with 10G-BaseT Ports 7 & 8 respectively, again. you can only use one or the other for those specific ports.

I have the XS708e and it works very well in my lab and the single SFP+ isn't hindering me because my core switch has 4 x SFP+ ports, well 3 because that's how i'm connecting the two. Really the only thing that could hinder you is if you require more SFP+ ports down the road and 10G-BaseT NICs are more expensive than SFP+ based NICs.

BTW...this is a great price for this switch when you look at the comparable. I had the Ubiquiti and IMHO, not ready for Primetime. The only thing I wish this switch had was SNMP but more for Nutanix Network Visualation capability to monitor traffic and ports.

Reactions: KioskAdmin

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
I also believe that the E version is the louder one compared to the T version. I have the T version and and am happy with it. Pretty much never hear the fans on it