Think this is a good deal

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rookin99

Apr 20, 2024
I saw a 8x10 Gb for around 95. But then you need a lot of sfp modules. Not so cheap anymore. To bad it wasn't a rj45 kind. Also the topton nas motherboard fully decked out with 32 GB ram 1TB nvme for 143. I ordered one but I think it's a typo. Normally the kit kosts around 500 with the n6005. I don't think they are going to send me the 1 I ordered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

rookin99

Apr 20, 2024
1000015812.jpg
They say its not available in my area anymore. Still listed for 65 euro. Hope they send me the loaded 1.

Oct 20, 2021
FWIW I bought a cheap Chinese generic 4x2.5G PoE+ switch with a 10G port and it lasted about an hour. After that I decided it wasn't worth the hassle, I'm just happy it didn't damage my APs. Hopefully this one works better for you, at least it's not PoE so that's one less concern.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
FWIW I bought a cheap Chinese generic 4x2.5G PoE+ switch with a 10G port and it lasted about an hour. After that I decided it wasn't worth the hassle, I'm just happy it didn't damage my APs. Hopefully this one works better for you, at least it's not PoE so that's one less concern.
Ya, that's why I'm a bit leery of this non-UL stuff coming from China. My inner cheapskate screams "BUY!" but if it craps out and takes other gear out with it, not such a good buy anymore!

AlexGee

Aug 3, 2022
I decided to pay the same price (used) for a TP-Link 1Gbit switch, which integrates into my Omada environment and I will pay 100$ more for a TP-Link SFP+ aggregation switch.

I don‘t want to experiment here with the poor software for a piece of hardware, which will probably tun for 10+ years.

For cheap unmanaged switches: why not…

rookin99

Apr 20, 2024
Understandable, but you do not have to configure it daily. How much difference can there be?
Vlan qos pretty straightforward. I will upload some screenshots of the software gui. I think it will be fine since I'm not familiar with any brands other than cisco that my teacher made us configure over ssh from a pre designed sheet. So I don't think I have to Map all my staps out but then again sh@# happens

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Thats just the fake inflated price to make it feel like a deal, not something it has actualy been sold/listed for.

For a generic managed 8x 2.5g with 1-2x 10g that fake sale price is about what it normally costs.
So not so great deal then, right? Especially if it takes out other gear upon failure...

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
So not so great deal then, right?
There are sooo many OEMs of these 2.5gbe switch boards and they are always on sale like this to make it look like a deal
60$ for one is not bad, but thats like a 5-10$ discount vs normal price not a 140$ discount.

Its just the black friday type large days you get any real reductions on them, last black friday you could get managed units like this in the 40-45$ area.

Especially if it takes out other gear upon failure...
Im not sure what that is supposed to be about, but its not any more likely to actualy do that than anything else you buy.

Last edited:

rookin99

Apr 20, 2024
I think it's a good deal. Will post my findings here. If its a peace of doodoo I will admit it in all honesty so nobody else will buy it.

hmartin

Sep 20, 2017
FWIW if you're US based, you can find 24/48GbE + 4 SFP+ switches used for around the same price. Power consumption and noise are obviously higher.

rookin99

Apr 20, 2024
Also 2.5 Gb? This for me is perfect though it's in a bedroom no fans no noise and enough connections to expand. I fo hope it supports ljnk aggregation so i can bundle my 2 x2.5 ports card but thats fixable in prox i think. And if it's really necessary I could always add another 10Gb switch. For now im good. I got an upgrade from my isp . Gone from 1 to 2 Gb for only 8 smackers more.so that's plenty for my onprem solution Go figure.

Koop

Jan 24, 2024
Wish those knock-off Supermicro chassis didn't cost more to ship than they're worth

rookin99

Apr 20, 2024
I know, here on Dutch ebay like site a 24 port nettgear or cisco managed switch for around 30 to 40. But noisy huh.
I have a original SM. Looking to upgrade to a single socket higher core count. Now a dual 2670 v2 with 512GB ddr3. Maybe I'll start a thread got some spare 128gb ram to. But no LFF that's a pity. My 6 18TB drives are now janked on it with a 6 sata connector and a psu splitter with a loose psu. It works but it's not ideal.

blakwolf

Apr 17, 2017
I think the whole point of these small guys are perfect for homelabs with easy 2.5g support, low noise and power consumption. This unit seems way cheaper than other managed 8 port 2.5g switches?