Supermicro File Index

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by Skud, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Skud

Skud Member

Hi All,

I'm posting this here with the hope that it will help someone find something they need (old BIOS, firmware, etc.). I know that Supermicro support is quite good and they often provide you with the files you request, but it's sometimes nice to be able to *just get* something at 2AM when you need it.

So, I wrote a small script that mapped-out the Supermicro file numbers to their corresponding file names. Just search the attached CSV for the file you need, look up the index and then use this URL to download it. Just change the number for what you need.

https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/getfile.php?SoftwareItemID=<index number>

e.g.

https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/getfile.php?SoftwareItemID=4335 would get you the file "X11SSVQ7_B06.zip"

Thanks!!
    Riley

Attached Files:

dawsonkm, tesla100, RedX1 and 3 others like this.
  2. ari2asem

ari2asem Active Member

Skud likes this.
  3. Lee Cox

Lee Cox New Member

This is incredibly helpful in finding older BIOS versions for my system. Thank you SO much!

4. RolloZ170

RolloZ170 Active Member

Amazing. Thank you

5. tesla100

tesla100 Member

Awesome! Thank you so much!

6. BLinux

BLinux cat lover server enthusiast

very nice. did you just enumerate from 1 ... 10638 and recorded the file returned?

7. Skud

Skud Member

That’s exactly what I did.

Originally, I created the script to find all versions of a BIOS for a board I have. If I came across a file matching the format I specified then it downloaded that file.

I realized that it would make sense to also document all the output to share.

Riley

tesla100 likes this.