Supermicro File Index

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Skud

Jan 3, 2012
Hi All,

I'm posting this here with the hope that it will help someone find something they need (old BIOS, firmware, etc.). I know that Supermicro support is quite good and they often provide you with the files you request, but it's sometimes nice to be able to *just get* something at 2AM when you need it.

So, I wrote a small script that mapped-out the Supermicro file numbers to their corresponding file names. Just search the attached CSV for the file you need, look up the index and then use this URL to download it. Just change the number for what you need.

https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/getfile.php?SoftwareItemID=<index number>

e.g.

https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/getfile.php?SoftwareItemID=4335 would get you the file "X11SSVQ7_B06.zip"

EDIT: Updated 7-3-2020 and added the original script I made (savefiles.zip). As-is it will download anything with "X10DRH" in the name. So you'll need to modify the variables as needed.

Thanks!!
Riley

Attachments

Last edited:

Lee Cox

Jan 19, 2020
This is incredibly helpful in finding older BIOS versions for my system. Thank you SO much!

Skud

Jan 3, 2012
very nice. did you just enumerate from 1 ... 10638 and recorded the file returned?
That’s exactly what I did.

Originally, I created the script to find all versions of a BIOS for a board I have. If I came across a file matching the format I specified then it downloaded that file.

I realized that it would make sense to also document all the output to share.

Riley

Reactions: tesla100

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
to revive this thread .... @Skud ....can you update the list ?? please ?? your first release was in january, now it is july and 6 months later...for example...a bios released on 21st of february 2020 has ID-number 10855. but your list goes upto ID-number 10638... ...

or maybe you cab share your script here?? and then we (the community) will update the index-list ??

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
not everything needs to be a "script"
Code:
for ((x = 10639; x <= 10900; x++)); do curl -sI "https://ftpw.supermicro.com.tw/support/resources/getfile.php?SoftwareItemID=$x" | awk '/^Location:/ {print$2}'; done

Reactions: ari2asem

Skud

Jan 3, 2012
to revive this thread .... @Skud ....can you update the list ?? please ?? your first release was in january, now it is july and 6 months later...for example...a bios released on 21st of february 2020 has ID-number 10855. but your list goes upto ID-number 10638... ...

or maybe you cab share your script here?? and then we (the community) will update the index-list ??
I've uploaded an updated file. I'll also attached the quick script I've made. Please note that you'll need to have some understanding of PowerShell. As-is it will download anything that has "X10DRH" in the name.

Or you can use BeTep's one-line command. Be sure you don't save the command to a file to be used later, otherwise it will become a script.. ;)

@BeTeP - Just giving you a hard time. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: ari2asem