Supermicro CSE846 PSU Fitment?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Apolinar Zaragoza

Aug 24, 2017
It already has 1200w PSU in it so that means it uses the wider connector that the 1k28p-sq uses. So you can use either of the SQ PSUs
Thank you very much for the quick response. I'm new to these cases and I know I had read some psu needed a specific plugin or connector.

Apolinar Zaragoza

Aug 24, 2017
@StammesOpfer by any chance do you know if these FAN-0074L4 would fit in the front fan wall for the same chassis? Trying to quiet down as much as possible and i have some Noctua that require modifications. Not sure if its worth doing all the work or seeing if these along with the psu would do the trick.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Not sure what is already there. Look at the specs for what you have and what you want if the dimensions are the same then you should be good. Thankfully SM uses standard 4wire pwm fans so you have plenty of options. Just make sure that whatever you do is still pushing enough to cool everything.

Apolinar Zaragoza

Aug 24, 2017
Not sure what is already there. Look at the specs for what you have and what you want if the dimensions are the same then you should be good. Thankfully SM uses standard 4wire pwm fans so you have plenty of options. Just make sure that whatever you do is still pushing enough to cool everything.
Sorry should have been more detailed currently i have the stock ones ill link them Supermicro 80mm Hot-swappable Middle Axial 7,000 RPM Fan (FAN-0127L4) and the ones i'm looking at have the same dimensions lower db with slightly lower cfm and rpm which are these Supermicro 80mm Hot-Swappable Middle Axial 5,000 RPM Fan (FAN-0074L4). Thanks once again for the quick response.

Apolinar Zaragoza

Aug 24, 2017
@StammesOpfer so I just received the new psu but unfortunately it doesn't fit the connectors are different. My old one has a wide and smaller one the new one has 2 wide ones. Any idea what the correct connector is called or where I can buy one?

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Sorry to lead you wrong. Mine came with 1k2 and the wide slot but that must be a revision thing. Well the 1k28p-sq can be modified if you are up for it. You can cut off the excess tab. Look around here a number of people have done it, or you can replace the PDB tower or you can switch it out for the 920.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Yeah they cut the excess does not seem to affect it. I'll try and dig up a part num for you tomorrow