SAS9300-16I

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cw823

Jan 14, 2014
Why didn't you just let people buy their own versus your markup? This is why I personally don't post deals anymore. :mad:
Who said I was marking them up? You always think the worst of everyone here. Maybe go outside and get some fresh air

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Who said I was marking them up? You always think the worst of everyone here. Maybe go outside and get some fresh air
In Samir's defense, buying in bulk then marking up the price and selling on forums, etc. is all too common. It's especially bad when someone buys out the entire inventory of an item solely to mark them up and resell them.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Why would you just buy them for the purpose of reselling them? And they have to be more expensive unless you're eating the cost of logistics--this is just the way distribution works.

Interesting that you mention I'm thinking the worst because that seems to be what you are doing (projection?). These are some of the smartest and nicest people I've worked with in the homelab community.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
They wont ship. This was a pricing mistake. Nice for someone to snag if it was though, lol.
Mine is out for delivery so as mentioned earlier in the thread it seems they sucked it up and followed through, taking a hit to avoid an ebay strike or reputational hit. Or maybe they are just nice guys? Agreed that this was a steal of a deal though. Thanks @PaulW08!

Reactions: Sleyk and Samir

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
“Thank you for contacting us. I am not sure what happened here, but these brackets are what we were selling for $13.99. The order process is automated and this is what were were prompted to send. I do understand that you expected these LSI cards but the fact is we don't even carry these. We are very sorry this happened and will go ahead and refund you in full now. There will be no need to return the brackets received.“

Enjoy your brackets everyone! @cw823 I hope you pass along the good fortune still:p

chrgrose

Jul 18, 2018
"OK boys, company meeting. Who is responsible for this mess? Was Frank in charge of new listings again? What can we do to make sure we don't look like an asshole when we don't honor this deal?"

"How about the old "internal system error" routine? We can just send them some cheap piece of crap that looks like it could be confused with what we listed?"

"Sounds like wrap! Also, Frank, you're fired!"

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Well I just got the package. They sent two pci brackets…
And after they went to all the bother of (photographing?) and posting a picture of something "they don't even have". ;)

So, its either that they don't stock it but they use other people's photos (of the wrong product no less) without attribution....or...they didn't want to honor the price. Either way....fail!

klui

Feb 3, 2019
The real question is did you get full height and half height brackets?

EDIT: I'm an idiot: can't have half height bracket in a full height card.

Last edited:

cw823

Jan 14, 2014
guess it's time to create a FS post selling pci brackets for $1000 to prove little Samir right.

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
Force a return for a misleading sale- they are required to take the item back & pay for return shipping. They will likely refund you and let you keep the "bracket".

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Force a return for a misleading sale- they are required to take the item back & pay for return shipping. They will likely refund you and let you keep the "bracket".
This is a trick all eBay buyers should know.