SAMSUNG PM853T 960GB - $159.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
I'm in Australia, and I'd be interested in 3 or 4.

I use shipito.com as freight forwarders so you could ship to any of my addresses in California, Nevada or Oregon if that makes it easier. I'm happy to pay for freight and some beer for someone who is interested to co-ordinate this.

Perhaps we should get an extra group discount for 40 drives. (40 x $145=$5,800)

Perhaps seller would be generous enough to include an extra drive for the coordinator for all his trouble repacking and postage and all?

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
Also in Aus, been vacillating for a while, considering 5 (2 mirrors and spare). Boddy/ssd - we'll be up for GST on this, so don't forget to factor that into your costings. I suspect 5 landed will be >$1100 incl GST etc? Anyone got a better feel for it?

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Also in Aus, been vacillating for a while, considering 5 (2 mirrors and spare). Boddy/ssd - we'll be up for GST on this, so don't forget to factor that into your costings. I suspect 5 landed will be >$1100 incl GST etc? Anyone got a better feel for it?
You could split the freight into two shipments and pay 2 x freight, it could work out cheaper than paying $100-$110 GST???

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Maybe we should start a different thread, with number of drives and postage location, as this could get bit messy.

If seller could provide a good price for 20 and 40 drives, that may incentivise those sitting on the fence and finalise the deal.

Markus

Oct 25, 2015
Maybe a groub buy for each region make sense. I live in Germany and would go for 4 SSDs.
With @Hal's 4 there are 8 to be shipped to European Union.

Anyone else EU?

What does the seller take for shipping to an US address for 20 drives?
I am also interested in 2 or 4. Located in Germany.

Regards
Markus

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I'll consider volunteering to take a group order and ship back out to US addresses (including forwarders). (I think most of these can go out USPS 1st class) My order got to me in 2-days; i'm in southern CA. Don't mind spending some time to help fellow STH members, as long as my costs are covered (shipping, packaging, etc.)

awedio

Feb 24, 2012
To say that I was impressed with the packaging & speed of delivery, would be a huge understatement...:)
Placed my order Tues night (12/6)
@Hailey T sent me tracking info on Weds AM
Today, 1PM PST, Fedex delivered my drives (I live in So. Cal.)

Thanks @Hailey T

Reactions: Hailey T

Hailey T

Dec 6, 2016
Sorry everyone, but we are completely out. I appreciate all of the kind words and the great dealings with everyone on these boards! I will for sure check in occasionally and this will be a place that I will post any deals that I think members will be interested in! I do have LOTS of DDR3 8GB ECC Samsung memory if anyone is interested!!!

Hailey-

illamint

Dec 25, 2015
My two disks arrived with very low power on hours and bytes written. Humming along in a ZFS mirror. Well-packed, perhaps too well. Hoping more deals pop up soon; definitely wishing I bought a few more.

Reactions: Hailey T

dtrv

Nov 23, 2016
I expect some on eBay the next time from buyers which bought 20 to place a order and dont need all of them. Maybe the price will be higher ...

Reactions: Hal