Samsung/Oracle F320 3.2TB NVME AIC $209.99 OBO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
Samsung/Oracle F320 NVME 3.2TB AICs listed at $209.99 but they accepted my offer of $173. Should probably have bought more than one but even this is going to be a spare... They seem to have 20 of these.

EDIT: relisted due to error in listing at:

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
I had those. They have custom firmware, perform well, but they do get really hot even when idle. Please consider good ventilation
Good catch. They definitely need proper active airflow and even with that they can get fairly warm. If you compare the F320 to say their predecessor "F160" (Intel P3608) the Intel runs very significantly cooler.

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
Someone must have nabbed a large amount of them as when I posted this I was still the only one who had bought one. The famous STH effect?

DarthCirrus

Dec 12, 2022
Someone must have nabbed a large amount of them as when I posted this I was still the only one who had bought one. The famous STH effect?
Hello! I’m new to the forum.

The description in the listing was for the 6.4TB version, I messaged them to ask about it and he apologized, pulled the listing, and will be reposting in a few hours. He says he’s still got 50ish…

Reactions: mach3.2 and Samir

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
It does say 1 sold and "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." tho.

So they cancelled it to relist i guess.
But saw other listings at 219/229 when i looked at this topic first time.

DarthCirrus

Dec 12, 2022
Hypothetical Question:

If someone was looking to deploy several of them in a single server, what’s the best way to break these out to expand beyond your pcie slot capacity (assuming your cpu has lanes to support the cards)

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Hypothetical Question:

If someone was looking to deploy several of them in a single server, what’s the best way to break these out to expand beyond your pcie slot capacity (assuming your cpu has lanes to support the cards)
For a standard 1-2u server the owner/user-guide will usualy state what slots it wants them in and how many for each riser model.

Beyond that go nuts i suppose, just make sure the slots have enough bandwidth and not a physical x8/16 with electrical 1-4 etc.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yes, I was thinking these will be gone by the AM and The STH Effect™ indeed.

One thing I think we are all going to be curious about is if the batch shows up under a different seller for resale. One of the reasons great deals may be always selling out is because of resellers and not users, and imo the users is who these deals should be for. Resellers can get inventory from their other sources imo.

Reactions: abq

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
Sweet great to know they were just relisted. Time to change the title again!

I saw that 6.4TB error too and was being quietly be hopeful when someone gets their order they got a 6.4TB instead. :D
Title of the thread changed again and link modified.

However the current auction is US and Canada only while the previous one at the very least had shipping to Europe..downgrade there.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Title of the thread changed again and link modified.

However the current auction is US and Canada only while the previous one at the very least had shipping to Europe..downgrade there.
I bet if someone messaged the seller, they'd take this one down and redo it so it would have EU shipping again. :) Or, one could just message the seller.

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
In case anyone's interested, there are also a handful of PM983 3.84TB M.2 drives listed at $229/ea right now. I'm just waiting for the price to get closer to $100/ea. :p

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
Make sure you flash these with the latest firmware. There's a thread somewhere around here with it, but I can't seem to find it.

custom90gt

Nov 17, 2016
I bought one (not sure why, lol) and the seller accepted my offer of $170, wonder how low they would go... Any hints on updating the firmware?

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
I bought one (not sure why, lol) and the seller accepted my offer of $170, wonder how low they would go... Any hints on updating the firmware?
You need the firmware first, it's only available (officially) with an Oracle support contract.

To update you could do something like this (modify device name and firmware version to suit):
Code:
sudo apt-get install nvme-cli
sudo nvme list
sudo nvme fw-download /dev/nvme0 --fw=MS1PC2DD3.IR3Q.fw
sudo nvme fw-activate /dev/nvme0 --action=1
sudo nvme reset /dev/nvme0

custom90gt

Nov 17, 2016
You need the firmware first, it's only available (officially) with an Oracle support contract.

To update you could do something like this (modify device name and firmware version to suit):
Code:
sudo apt-get install nvme-cli
sudo nvme list
sudo nvme fw-download /dev/nvme0 --fw=MS1PC2DD3.IR3Q.fw
sudo nvme fw-activate /dev/nvme0 --action=1
sudo nvme reset /dev/nvme0
I appreciate the info, my guess is because it's Oracle there is zero chance of this being a free upgrade. I'll have to see what firmware is on it, maybe it'll be newish and I won't have to return it.