S3700 400GB $330, SUN F20 SLC $60

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
That's interesting item, may be fun to play with... we'll see! LOL

digastic

Oct 23, 2013
I just put two of those F20 in debian zfs box as ZIL and so far they work fine. The card shows up as 4x FMOD 24,5GB MARVELL SD88SA02 devices so I mirrored each FMOD across both cards.

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
"This offer is specifically being declined due to the message on your other offer. Please do not bid / offer on any items I list"

I put 2 BO's (RAM & this SUN card) on his items only a bit under asking $price$... since they're pretty fair/deals right now, he declined, and then I countered (increased bid) asked why even use BO if you're just going to decline and not counter at all, seemed ridiculous to me??

Apparently he's sensitive :)

LOL

That's the 1st seller in my history of ebay (since it launched practically) to ever ban me from buying something. Or rather, the first time I've ever been "banned" for anything online in general. LOL. Milestone after... 20 years of being "online" I tested it too, he did add me to his "BAN" list... haha, I thought he was just "asking" me... man, that is a touchy seller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Entz and markarr

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
On a plus note my 400gb s3700 arrived with only 1.5TB writes :)

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Tempting to try out one of those FS20 cards, I already have a ZeusRAM that handles ZIL very well for my magnetic disk pool and really don't like the idea of chewing up a PCI-e slot so I'll pass. Good find though, seems to be an excellent price on that device, if you want it bad since he's a pud and banned you, I could get it and send to you :-D

I'm sure we could work something out, lemme know bud.

That s3700 has been on 'thebay' FOREVER, started at like $429 and trickled down...they are persistent...I'll give them that!

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Hmm, I seemed to have bought the Sun card without thinking first. Anyone know where to get a full height card for it?

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Negative, but I'm interested since the seller refused to sell to me... so if you can't use it hit me up LOL!!

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
You could always remove the HH and put on nothing. For a rackmount/home setup that's worked fine for me for some random things I've gotten that I needed to run in my 4U

neo

Mar 18, 2015
You could always remove the HH and put on nothing. For a rackmount/home setup that's worked fine for me for some random things I've gotten that I needed to run in my 4U
Yeah, I was thinking that too.
By the way, I didn't even know you could ban someone on eBay - you seem to have all the luck lately.
If mine isn't compatible with FreeNAS - I'll be contacting you :)

Reactions: T_Minus

Dstew74

Apr 23, 2015
I just put two of those F20 in debian zfs box as ZIL and so far they work fine. The card shows up as 4x FMOD 24,5GB MARVELL SD88SA02 devices so I mirrored each FMOD across both cards.
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. The performance I'm getting sucks. I'm only able to do <70MB/s write and the random IOPS is <10k to a single SSD. I'm running the IT mode firmware. Maybe I should flash to RAID and try that.

Also the first card I got was a dud. The seller was pretty awesome and just shipped another card.

xvzf

May 17, 2018
I know this Thread is quite old but are you still active and mail me the firmware?