S2D gurus, performance again.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
While one node was down?
And half the speed when it needs to sync over network then?
It seemed to fluctuate between 2-3x the performance at 4K QD1 when one of the nodes was down, everything else was pretty similar. I'm not sure what that means exactly, I've done every test I can think of and the network stack seems to be working as it should. Maybe that is normal?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Well o/c you have extra latency over network so if its limited by waiting for remote sync then it might be, but I am no S2D expert. Just reading this since I am still looking for options;)

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
Yeah I would expect the behavior I'm seeing to some extent, maybe it's spot on, no idea! I ran a 2016 cluster for a couple of years with lower performance and wasn't unhappy with it, VMs were snappy. The only time I felt it was when patching half the VMs at once, it *seemed* to run a bit slow but since I never ran benchmarks it could just be in my head. I did run crystaldisk on two VMs at once and neither seemed to have any performance degradation so maybe I'm seeing normal performance.